Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who should I use to mill my Glock 19 slide for an RMR?

Feedback Score
    I think getting mille for the RMR will be the safest for now since there are a variety of open emitter optics that will fit that footprint and probably will for the near future:
    Trijicon RMR
    Trijicon SRO
    Holosun HS407C
    Holosun HS507C
    Holosun HS508T
    Riton X3 Tactix PRD
    NcStar VISM FlipDot Pro
    Swampfox Kingslayer
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've used Maple Leaf several times with no issues. Their military/LE discount is substantial and their turn around is very quick. I have also used C&H for something Maple Leaf could not do (G41) and was pleased with the work. Turnaround was a bit slower.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I've used Maple Leaf several times with no issues. Their military/LE discount is substantial and their turn around is very quick. I have also used C&H for something Maple Leaf could not do (G41) and was pleased with the work. Turnaround was a bit slower.
    After getting my slide back from Maple Leaf and shooting 350rds, my front sight came loose. They say they use red loctite, but mine wasn’t loctited.

Wasn’t a deal breaker, I’ll use them again. But, it was kinda annoying.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would avoid Dynamic weapons solutions... lots of complaints of poor quality work and lack of customer service, won’t return phone calls/ emails.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by k9barco View Post
    I would avoid Dynamic weapons solutions... lots of complaints of poor quality work and lack of customer service, won’t return phone calls/ emails.
    I think I've been talked into going with Vulcan.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't waste your time with milling a Glock slide, go with a Shadow Systems complete pistol. I can't believe I waited so long to do this. It's the perfect Glock upgrade, with all of the things you want/need, combined with a lower optic cut. It's priced reasonably and feels better than Zev and Glock, obviously. I have owned a bunch of Glocks, including Gen 5 MOS models and an early slide milled by the guy that Suarez Intl used 10 years ago (can't remember the name, in AZ)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Don't waste your time with milling a Glock slide, go with a Shadow Systems complete pistol. I can't believe I waited so long to do this. It's the perfect Glock upgrade, with all of the things you want/need, combined with a lower optic cut. It's priced reasonably and feels better than Zev and Glock, obviously. I have owned a bunch of Glocks, including Gen 5 MOS models and an early slide milled by the guy that Suarez Intl used 10 years ago (can't remember the name, in AZ)
    Looks nice, but I don't even want to know what they cost.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Looks nice, but I don't even want to know what they cost.
    They are a bit spendy- like $999. Although I justified it with the following logic: a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS is going to run $650+ unless you get it blue label. Then upgrade the trigger, get a custom stipple job, match barrel, and suppressor height sights and you have almost a Shadow. And you won’t have as nice of a gun because Shadow has a deeper optics cut meaning lower sights and no mounting plate.

Feedback Score
    Have you bench tested your Shadow Systems at 25 yards?

FWIW I have multiple recent production stock Glocks that will consistently shoot under 2 inches at 25 yards. All 3 of my gen 5 19 cant though so pfft "marksman barrel."

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Instead of an optic, have them mill a second set of irons on for you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast