Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Sig M18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bought a Sig M18

As per usual, I let the gun counter guy talk me in to buying something I wanted…an FDE Sig M18. I’m interested in the fun for its military pedigree, and I’m looking to start dabbling in red dot equipped pistols but MOS Glocks are scarce in my neighborhood. I grew up shooting 1911s so the safety also appeals to me—I might not use it, but I like having the option. The M18 models show up rarely and they had one left…now they have none. It’s in waiting period jail for now—I’m military and have a permit that gets me reciprocity with FL, but have been too cheap and lazy to get a Florida CCW just to avoid a 3 day wait.

The one initial downside I see to the gun is the mags are $45 a pop. I may occasionally carry it, but I’m more interested in having it for range fun and training. Does anyone have a preferred carry holster for these? I’ll get a Safariland for a combat rig, but probably will also want a concealable set up as well. I will probably experiment with a few different light set ups to figure out what I like, and may toss a Romeo optic on just to start getting some RDS practice. Interested to hear any observations from other people who have these.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't have an M18, but I've got an M17. For IWB carry, I use a Galco KingTuk. Works fine, but I can't carry a light on it, and I very much prefer a WML on my carry guns. For OWB, I recently picked up a Blacksmith Tactical Slimline OWB holster. It needed some fitting (aka, a few dozen in and outs to break in) but since then it's been good and is relatively low profile for a light-carrying OWB holster.

If you're interested in getting a RDS mounting option and not lose your rear sight, look up BoBro's mount. It includes a suppressor height rear sight and works with anything with the RMR footprint.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brother,

I carry the 320 Pro Carry Professional (Probably very similar to the M18), and have really enjoyed this tool. Mags can be found for less, so look around. As to the CCW permit in FL, it is the easiest thing in the world for a mil member. It will probably take less than two weeks start to finish and its good for 7 years. I obtained mine under Sheriff Ivy, and he understands the need to make the process easier in respect to freedoms. Many, Many FL Sheriffs are that way. No too many agree with the 3 day wait, but it is what it is.

Blessings and enjoy...Get your FL CCW!!!

Feedback Score
    I use Act-Mag 17rd magazines for range mags. They are available from Greg Cote for $23. They have been 100% reliable for me.

Feedback Score
    When I carried a SIG 320, I used a JMCustomKydex.com IWB #3. JMCK allows your choice on the cant of the weapon, height of the sweat guard (if you want one),and can be cut for RDS sights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a chance to give this gun a good workout today. Put 150 rounds of NATO (technically +p) ball and a magazine of HSTs thru the gun. I had one minor hiccup that I’m pretty sure was a shooter induced feed failure from a bad grip. Overall I like it a lot, it’s an easy gun to get a feel for and seems accurate when I do my part. I think with a few more practice sessions I’ll be shooting it as well as any other duty 9mm in my collection.

I’ve mounted an X300 and I’m torn on it—for “duty” use it’s great but I may swap to something like a TLR-7 for carry. I do like the M18 for the flexibility to have a carry gun that can go Rambo mode with a 21rd mag for any time a Zombie horde kicks in my door.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm trying to build my range/"battle" rig with this gun and evidently I'm smart enough to use the Safariland website. I'm looking for a holster in multi-cam or FDE with ALS retention and ideally a QLS fork to wear on an HSGI war belt. Can someone point me in the right direction for the model I want? I've found the M17 setup on the Sig website, among other places, but I can't find it for the M18. Can someone who is more of a gear head than me help me out?

Thanks!
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    I can take a look at my duty holster when I get back to work, we use Safarilands and M18s. I bought one for personal carry as well. Crossbreed holster is not good for concealed, just FYI, it is always releasing the magazine when I lean back. I really like being able to switch to the subcompact slide, barrel, and grip module if I need it to be a little smaller.

If you haven't looked at the Wilson Combat grip modules, I highly recommend it. Transforms a good gun to an almost-perfect one.
    Last edited by ChrisM516; 05-06-22 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM516 View Post
    I can take a look at my duty holster when I get back to work, we use Safarilands and M18s.
    Thanks man! My last deployment I still had an M9 so I haven’t had a chance to carry an M18 professionally. I want to keep this one stock as a training tool since my next overseas trip I’ll carry one. I bought an Outlaw brand OWB that I have carried but it’s not easy to conceal. I still need to investigate options for an IWB carry rig.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    Thanks man! My last deployment I still had an M9 so I haven’t had a chance to carry an M18 professionally. I want to keep this one stock as a training tool since my next overseas trip I’ll carry one. I bought an Outlaw brand OWB that I have carried but it’s not easy to conceal. I still need to investigate options for an IWB carry rig.
    IWB holsters, specifically AIWB, you’ll find no better holster than JMCK. They should have quick ship options for the 320/M18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast