Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generators

Feedback Score

Generators

Hello gentlemen,

I am looking at grabbing a portable generator, gasoline operated, with about a 1000.00 budget. I would like to solicit you all's learned opinions/experiences on such things and begin to formulate my final decision with that in mind.

Thanks!
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The generator nerds will be along shortly, but each time I've asked the same question Honda and Generac came up most frequently.

The details matter, how much power, how portable, noise, footprint, etc.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Does it need to be portable - do you need to throw it in a back of a truck for camping or will it primarily stay around the house? How much power are you looking to run? As in are you looking to light up your whole house or just keep the fridge, deep freezer and some lights up and running?
    nawai

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What do you mean by portable? Small enough to carry around or just something that isn't fixed in place? If the former, the little Hondas fit your budget and are great if you only need to run an appliance or two. Think freezers and maybe a lamp during an emergency or lights while camping. I always bring mine to elk camp to run lights, charge appliances, etc. Very small footprint and quiet enough to sleep when placed outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Gasolin.../dp/B076G8JWYR
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 01-16-22 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was considering this one:

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoor...9316871&ipos=3

I just need to keep my fridge, furnace running. I like the idea of a dual fuel generator. I want one that is small enough to move around.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought the dual fuel champion from Costco for around $500. Its been awesome. I had it hooked up to my last house where we lost power every winter. Loud as heck, but works great. Propane decreases efficiency about 10-15%, but you can't beat the storage and maintenance benefits. Ethanol will trash a carb during storage if you don't flush it with clear fuel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I bought the dual fuel champion from Costco for around $500. Its been awesome. I had it hooked up to my last house where we lost power every winter. Loud as heck, but works great. Propane decreases efficiency about 10-15%, but you can't beat the storage and maintenance benefits. Ethanol will trash a carb during storage if you don't flush it with clear fuel.

which one? I've a generac and it's great, ran 9 days recently with zero issues and took everything I gave it! I am looking for a portable dual fuel of 2500 watts at least

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    which one? I've a generac and it's great, ran 9 days recently with zero issues and took everything I gave it! I am looking for a portable dual fuel of 2500 watts at least
    Mine is the Champion 9000. Its model number is 100155.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Mine is the Champion 9000. Its model number is 100155.

great, thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    What do you mean by portable? Small enough to carry around or just something that isn't fixed in place? If the former, the little Hondas fit your budget and are great if you only need to run an appliance or two. Think freezers and maybe a lamp during an emergency or lights while camping. I always bring mine to elk camp to run lights, charge appliances, etc. Very small footprint and quiet enough to sleep when placed outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Gasolin.../dp/B076G8JWYR
    Portable means I can fit it in my truck when travelling. I guess I need to figure out HOW much wattage to get. That is the confusing part. I like dual fuel, though...that's a great feature.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast