Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generators

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Sounds like you chose a fine generator. I used to blend fuels at a refinery, and I know we did put additional fuel stabilizers in the avgas. The avgas is high octane, but probably not the best choice for road engines. If you need high octane in a road engine, I would recommend premium gasoline or a dedicated race gas that might be available at drag strips or race tracks. We added lead to the avgas to obtain the octane/anti-knock properties, and I’m not sure how this might affect catalytic converters or generator exhaust systems. And yes, avoid ethanol in small engines with vented fuel tanks.
    The avgas I ran in my previous carbureted Honda generator was recycled into my Atv’s as they did not have catalytic converters , and yes thank you for pointing out that Avgas cannot be safely used in autos designed for ethanol.

Feedback Score
    A pair of predator 2000 with the staking kit from harbor freight. If one goes down you will have a spare.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    The generator nerds will be along shortly, but each time I've asked the same question Honda and Generac came up most frequently.

The details matter, how much power, how portable, noise, footprint, etc.
    Those are the good brands but can you get one for that budget? I'd tend to recommend something like Troy Built using a Briggs & Stratton motor, which are made in the US and easy to find. The only drawback to them is they are noisy as hell. One of the things you pay for in a generator is noise reduction.

One can get a Briggs & Stratton generator too. I had one before going to much larger Generac for the entire house. For the $, hard to go wrong with:

https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/gener...or/030478.html
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-15-22 at 08:14.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Those are the good brands but can you get one for that budget? I'd tend to recommend something like Troy Built using a Briggs & Stratton motor, which are made in the US and easy to find. The only drawback to them is they are noisy as hell. One of the things you pay for in a generator is noise reduction.

One can get a Briggs & Stratton generator too. I had one before going to much larger Generac for the entire house. For the $, hard to go wrong with:

https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/gener...or/030478.html
    You can get lower output ones at or near that price point, 900-1200ish.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Briggs and stratton is a American company but they have factories in Mexico and China.more than likely the motors are chinese made.
    Harbor freights predator line of generators are US made and in my experience damn good
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 06-15-22 at 14:44. Reason: Spellin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Briggs and stratton is a American company but they have factories in Mexico and China.more than likely the motors are chinese made.
    Harbor freights predator line of generators are US made and in my experience damn good
    That's from their site, and is some years old, but while they have plants in other countries, it sounds like those purchased in the US very likely produced in the US. One could always check with them or a company using their motor. Mine said made in USA:

"Briggs & Stratton began manufacturing in Milwaukee, WI, in 1908 and today more than 85 percent of Briggs & Stratton engines are made stateside at plants in Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia and Missouri using U.S. and global parts. The Statesboro, Georgia plant just produced its 20 millionth engine, and the Murray, Kentucky plant alone has made more than 70 million engines. Briggs & Stratton is very proud of their made in the U.S.A. heritage and we believe that America’s best manufacturing years lie ahead."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    You can get lower output ones at or near that price point, 900-1200ish.
    You give up power for less noise then, so I guess it depends on which is more important to the buyer in that $ range. The quiet little Honda's are really nice.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Briggs and stratton motors are on a lot of lawn equipment, no doubt they make good stuff. Even if made in China they would be made to B&S specs.
    Researching generators interesting enough china made generators are junk and i personally have never heard of the chinese brand names listed on the interwebs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123