Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WORST Gun From A Reputable Firearms Manufacturer That You've Personally Owned...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A Remington 870. But calling Remington reputable by that point is a bit of as stretch...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Had two fixed FSB BCM's that were good.

Had a S&W 5.45 mm AR that was probably good but mags were low quality with nothing better available.
    Edited to add:

What I mean is the malfunctions that did occur where probably due to the 5.45 magazines.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    We can probably do both, best BUDGET firearm you ever owned.

For me that would probably be a Systema 1927 (probably not fair since many were Colt contracts) but it was a surprisingly reliable 1911. They are well known performers but I'll go ahead and say the Savage Model 10 I inherited from my father deserves it's reputation.

Also found the Makarov to be impressively accurate but maybe it's not fair to consider Soviet surplus a "budget gun."

Also grabbed a Springfield SAR 4800 which was actually an Brazilian Imbel FAL and not only was it much cheaper than the FN models imported at the time (FN LAR) they had forged receivers while the FN imports were cast receivers. I think the SAR rifle was actually a third of the cost of the FN which were something insane like $1,200 back in 1987 while the Springfield / Imbel was around $450.
    SAR 4800 was great!!!!!

I swear I regret selling that Bersa, thing was fking tank. Bersa bought the walther tooling machines and the bersa thunder 9 was just a brazilian walther p88 which is outstanding. I think the Bersa did so well as it's tolerances were looser. Was not terribly accurate but enough for a handgun.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Kahr CM40, worst piece of junk Iíve ever had the displeasure of shooting. I had to go back about 13 years for that, prior to the micro 9 revolution & during a period .40 caliber was still sort of a thing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Best cheap gun that was good? H&R .32 revolver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Steyr M9 and M40, frequent FTE's , sent back to Steyr but they couldn't fix it. Armalite CZ 75 copy, forgot what they called it, I wanted to like it but no way. Two trips back and eventually replaced by Armalite. I sold the replacement without even opening the package. Got a Beretta M9 and never looked back.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    A Remington 870. But calling Remington reputable by that point is a bit of as stretch...
    Sadly, mine is this as well. In rural Kansas at a community college we liked to go chase roosters. This particular shot gun you had to push the fore-end forward and then run it back to cycle the action. No matter who used it if you tried to pull the fore-end to the read without going forward first, it would bind up and take some finagling and shaking to work.

Feedback Score
    Forgot about the new Beretta Tomcat .32 I got in 2019.

Malfunctioned often. Frame cracked, as they are known to do, but that doesn't normally cause a problem.

Then it started running well. I was on the last box of ammo that was going to be "its GTG, will carry this gun" when the slide split. Catastrophic failure at about 750 rds.

Beretta replaced it. I sold it unfired.

Feedback Score
    I had a Mak-90, well regarded AK, for several thousand rounds. 13k?18k? I dunno.

I admit I under-lubricated it most of its life. Accuracy had gone and there appeared to be erosion in the barrel throat. Was 3-5 moa but turned into 6-7.

Then a piece of the front trunnion popped out while firing. Right at the locking area. I still fired it a few times because I had to try. (Shouldn't do that) it worked but the rifle was done.

Feedback Score
    Tested out a buddies new Glock 42 when they came out.

POS. Wouldn't get through 10 rds without a malfunction. (Though usually barely 3 rounds) Fiocchi, Winchester, and Hornady jhp IIRC.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-17-22 at 14:08.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast