Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WORST Gun From A Reputable Firearms Manufacturer That You've Personally Owned...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kimber...the best $400 1911 you can pay $1k for.

I'm actually a huge Kimber of Oregon fan & collect their upper end long guns.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Multiple AR's.

A new Glock 29sf that would get that failure to eject with the fired case lengthwise but held by the extractor. Did it 3 times in the first 50 rounds. Returned it. Junk.

A couple other brand new Glocks, one a G30 gen 4 last year, that laughed as it popped me in the face with cases several times a magazine. Junk.

Kimber, yea, a .45. Wasn't junk but had a couple failures to go into battery. Enough that I didn't trust it.

Many other brand new guns with problems. Vector Arms, Llama, RIA, Ruger, PSA, Model 1, Taurus, Chinese shotguns, various AK's, many others I cant recall at the moment.

So many that to this day I "generally" don't trust an AR or 1911 to run an extended shooting session or class without a stoppage.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-16-22 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    Worst pistols ever purchased: Sig Mosquito, Kimber 1911.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    My worse gun was likely the Sig Scorpion I picked up back in 2012.

I really wanted to like it, and boy did I try. It had a lot going for it. I liked the grips, loved the rail and factory night sights, and it was FDE to boot. Wasn't a fan of the flat trigger, nor the square-cut slide, but I could accept that if it had worked. It really didn't. We've all heard all the "1911s jam" jokes, but this was the first (and thus far, only) 1911 that I experienced it with. It consistently failed to go into battery, sometimes with the round stuck on the feed ramp, other times with the round chambered, but the slide hanging back about half an inch from locking. What was more annoying than anything was that it wasn't a constant issue, but something that kept popping up after I thought I had fixed it with better lube, stronger springs, or polishing the feed ramp. This was supposed to be my eventual carry gun, but I never was able to get comfortable with it enough to stick with it. I eventually gave up on it, and replaced it with another Sig, a P226 in .40 S&W.
    Did you talk to SIG about it? I had probs with my SIG Revolution (SN 11XXX), it went back and forth maybe four times (on their dime), but in the end it was right. Out of the box the best "stock" 1911 trigger I have. The trigger was never the issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had forgot! I did get an early Walther P22 that sucked. Problems in order of occurrence were magazines would drop while shooting, rear sight would not hold adjustment(could watch the screw slot turn up to 90 degrees while firing), and finally the DA part of the trigger crapped out.

Called S&W service and they were kinda meh about the mags falling out even after I verified I was anal about not hitting the release, was told a large number of rear sights fresh off the boat wouldn't hold zero and trying to fix was a crap shoot, sad finally the mention of the DA failure got an immediate return number that I assume was due to safety issues.

Can't recall if it was repaired or replaced, but I verified the DA and sight were working and traded it off.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had a Para Ordnance P10-45 that was the most unreliable turd I've ever owned.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is Springfield Armory reputable?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Is Springfield Armory reputable?
    Don't know about now, but they used to be. They're basic, cheap 1911s were the frames and slides upon which many a custom build was made.

I never cared for their "Loaded" model, but their TRP and the higher line was always pretty decent.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Multiple AR's.

A new Glock 29sf that would get that failure to eject with the fired case lengthwise but held by the extractor. Did it 3 times in the first 50 rounds. Returned it. Junk.

A couple other brand new Glocks, one a G30 gen 4 last year, that laughed as it popped me in the face with cases several times a magazine. Junk.

Kimber, yea, a .45. Wasn't junk but had a couple failures to go into battery. Enough that I didn't trust it.

Many other brand new guns with problems. Vector Arms, Llama, RIA, Ruger, PSA, Model 1, Taurus, Chinese shotguns, various AK's, many others I cant recall at the moment.

So many that to this day I "generally" don't trust an AR or 1911 to run an extended shooting session or class without a stoppage.
    At some point you need to ask if it's you or the gun lol. That's a whole lot of guns to have issues with.

I have never once had a single issue with a BCM, Colt, or even SW M&P Sport AR. And I've had a couple 1911s that were turds but most of them have been just great.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Ruger American Pistol, service size 9mm. Purchased new about a year after they came out. Was totally looking forward to an all-American Glock replacement.

It threw shotgun patterns at 10 yards. Like 12" or so. I would shoot five other handguns in the same practice session and get maybe 3" groups at that distance with all of them, then have the Ruger not be able to hit a paper plate.

The trigger hurt my trigger finger. Not sure why, I use lots of other trigger-in-trigger safety systems, don't like any of them but get along fine with Glock, etc. Not sure if there was a tiny bit of trigger slap, or if they just made all the parts sharp and abrasive.

Once disassembled for cleaning, it was easy to mess things up and have trouble re-assembling. This happened AFTER multiple accuracy tests, btw. I got it back together but it was about as difficult as changing the safety/decocker on a CZ P07 (fiddly little spring that requires a forked-tip screwdriver, for those who don't know).

I have several hammer fired Ruger pistols, as well as the LC9, and they all work well for me. Along with various other brands. RAP seems to have been a failure, both functionally and in the market.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast