Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt Lake Tribune goes off the rails.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Make sure you write them and let them know what you think of this.............Otherwise you're wasting energy. I honestly don't know what is worse, the article or the comments from the morons below it.

letters@sltrib.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dumb de Dumb da !
    But they would kill you with the upmost conviction, knowing they are virtuous !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This goes hand in hand with wanting to change the definition of vaccinated. It is laying the path to subjectively label who should have their freedom taken having to jump through hoops to do so. If someone in power wants Mr. Johnson's freedom taken, and can figure out that 2 months have passed since a booster, then the standard for unvaccinated would be anyone who hasn't had a shot in under two months, etc.

Feedback Score
    Can't help but wonder why the editors want Guardsmen to die.

I know it's just lefto-journalist crap, but anyone who would accept those theoretical orders deserves to die gutshot.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That would not end well for them. I mean I could point out the media's treatment of the NG in First Blood and Southern Comfort, but there's a grain of truth about using the NG to do things it should not be doing.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    The liberal craphole cities can't even house / detain / contain the homeless they have setting up tent cities on their sidewalks and you seriously believe they can pull off 'camps' for people with Covid?.........
    We can't house our own homeless, but we can sure as hell house, feed, equip, educate, and employ the thousands of non-citizens pouring across the border every month, by some magical means... (also they don't view the homeless as a threat the way they do other groups)
    So,you can sure as hell bet they could pull it off if they REALLY wanted to.
    It's regurgitation at this point, but #Australia. Literal covid camps there, going on right now, along with far more ridiculous lockdowns than anywhere in the US is currently experiencing (even with New Yorks recent "Updates" to the mandatory jib-jab) and you know what else? No obvious "oh geez I guess this is tyranny now" shit like box cars and armed mass-roundups, just some friendly popo show up at your door and very politely insist you come with them for everyone's safety of course, if you've so much as been NEAR a positive person.
    And somehow, the good burghers of the city haven't gone batshit and overthrown their goobermint yet. Shocking.
    I don't even want to hear about how "this is Murrica, can't happen here. blah blah." It already is, just on a slightly more subtle and creeping scale.

Here, for reference, the most recent "updates" to the restrictions on the UN-jabbed from AUS - if anyone here's been keeping up on this, notice how they keep paring these down further and further. Now down to 3 "approved reasons" to even leave their own homes, down from a WHOPPING 5, can only travel 30KM or less for those reasons only, and graciously a grant of 1 hour a day out of their cell-er-home for exercise. "Control of movement is essential at this time" they (still) say... why?
    Now... compare to what NY just listed for their public restrictions updates on un-jabbed persons, per what it was previous. Note that it's following right down the "tighten the chain" playbook, slowly cutting the unmentionables out of their own public lives, only sans demanding people stay home. If they can gin up a big enough outbreak this winter (or release something new, if you want to tinfoil for a moment), I would not be surprised to see large cities try to implement movement restrictions, and possibly even interstate restrictions.

Now, how successful would attempts like that be here? Who knows. My guess is "just as successful as anywhere else". Would it get squashed by the courts? Maybe. But my point is, it has not, and will not STOP them from trying, as we've already seen. Furthermore, they've also proven zero regard for such court decisions, as the Biden admin IS currently engaged in openly advocating for supporters of their lunacy to defy all court rulings and implement the mandates on their own, locally (which is a mix of what is currently happening in anti-mandate states with the school systems).
    They want the SAME THING here as the rest of the EU and elsewhere, they just haven't figured out how to make it stick yet. The fact that statements like the OP are coming out of Utah, of all places, should be a big red clue.

Last edited by Jellybean; 01-16-22 at 12:42.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Controversial editorials draw attention and eyeballs. I tend to think papers run articles like this not because they believe the content, but because it gets people interested and brings traffic to their page. Hell, zero chance I read anything about Utah if I don’t see it on this forum or some other social media platform.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score

Salt Lake Tribune goes off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    Controversial editorials draw attention and eyeballs. I tend to think papers run articles like this not because they believe the content, but because it gets people interested and brings traffic to their page. Hell, zero chance I read anything about Utah if I don’t see it on this forum or some other social media platform.
    This is true, but even if they don’t “believe” what’s being advocated for in this opinion piece, it’s still disgusting to call for using military force to imprison people in their home for the crime of not submitting and taking a product.

The left at this point and time are the tyrants and **** like this drivel continue to prove this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tgizzard; 01-16-22 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    Maybe, certiantly part of it in a virtue signalling kind of way, but the issue is that people read it and think it is viable and popular. Then it becomes a 'thing'. How laughable was it 20 years ago to say a trans dude would be an NCCA swimmer, and everyone would nod- yep that's a chick...

Sometimes I think the Hollywood idea of mash-up movies is now a Left Wing Think Tank Strategy program- Let's take The Crying Game and mash it up with Rudy...

Imagine if right wing people made comments about rounding up people.

When ever I'm around people and they talk about vax passports, I just say why don't they just tattoo people....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    we should just all work for the gov where we get paid to do nothing

then again when they run out of tax payers money no problem will just print more !

cant wait for the great reset when I wont own anything and love it

I can just play games all day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12