Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 position forced reset trigger wars heat up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

3 position forced reset trigger wars heat up

Rare Breed & Tommy Triggers both have announcements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ0lWi2kfC0Rare Breet FRT-15 E3. Availability ~ 6 weeks.

https://tommytriggers.com/ols/products/s-frt-15-3mdTommy Triggers. Apparently available now but sold out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These intrigue me. I was an 80s baby so I grew up playing paintball in the 90s, and everybody always used double action paintball triggers. You could for whatever reason put accurate rounds on target faster with the double action triggers than you could the full auto ones, and MUCH faster than the single action triggers. Not a clue why, or if that same principle could apply to guns with tangible recoil, but it sure was effective with the paintball guns.

ETA: Wait, are these not binary? What new sorcery is this?
    Last edited by okie; 01-16-22 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    ETA: Wait, are these not binary? What new sorcery is this?
    So, in a similar fashion to an auto sear, there is a lever that the M16 bolt carrier hits when the gun goes back into battery. When it is actuated, it pushes the trigger forward, past the reset. You are now able to shoot again, and if you have the right amount of pressure on it, will give you a higher rate of fire.

But when you look at the law, it does not equal a machine gun. One round per one trigger pull.

Tippmann used to put out a paintball gun trigger called a reactive trigger. That is probably as best of a comparison to the FRT as can be made.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rare Breed had my curiosity with their first offering, but now they have my attention. Giving up any form of semi-reset-no bang was a bit of a no-no for me, but having the option for safe-semi-fully semi? Yes, please. Now if they'd just make one for the PS90 and the SCAR....
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    So, in a similar fashion to an auto sear, there is a lever that the M16 bolt carrier hits when the gun goes back into battery. When it is actuated, it pushes the trigger forward, past the reset. You are now able to shoot again, and if you have the right amount of pressure on it, will give you a higher rate of fire.

But when you look at the law, it does not equal a machine gun. One round per one trigger pull.

Tippmann used to put out a paintball gun trigger called a reactive trigger. That is probably as best of a comparison to the FRT as can be made.
    Oh shit, so it's like a bump stock...but better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Oh shit, so it's like a bump stock...but better.
    Sounds like it.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-26-22 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Duplicate.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-26-22 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rare Breeds original trigger is fun AF but yes, you all but lose standard operation.

This looks awesome!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Double tap error
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, using the video, I calculated that it took 2.07 seconds to fire 30 rounds. That works out to be 869 rpm. Your move Jerry Miculek!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast