Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best CLP? Hoppe’s 9 vs Break Free CLP, Slip 2000, Ballistol, Frog Lube, Extreme Force

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Best CLP? Hoppe’s 9 vs Break Free CLP, Slip 2000, Ballistol, Frog Lube, Extreme Force

Last edited by bp7178; 01-16-22 at 23:36.

Feedback Score
    I thought I saw another post on this yesterday but didn't want spoilers before watching the video.

Project Farm videos are always informative and I find myself watching tests on products I don't care about because they are entertaining.

Some of the results were surprising, there are so many CLP products that he couldn't test them all, but I thought it was an accurate representation of most of the different styles of CLP's on the market.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lube threads are too much for me but this guy really puts a lot of effort into his videos. Should be interesting to watch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Good vid. I'd be interested to see how Mobile One would compare to the dedicated gun products.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-17-22 at 08:46.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting results. I'd kinda like to have seen double testing with some of the brands, just to try and eliminate one-off results.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Good vid. I'd be interested to see how Mobile One would compare to the dedicated gun products. I suspect Mobile One would be as good or better than any of them for all those tests.
    I used to run that in my ARs but quit because it wouldn't stay where I wanted it. Quality of lube is one thing, but it's not the best criteria if it flows away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I really like Project Farm. I've been using a big bottle of ALG purple oil. I don't think its a CLP, but it seems OK.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Good vid. I'd be interested to see how Mobile One would compare to the dedicated gun products.
    He did a video on motor oils I believe it was Costco brand vs name brands. I think he did most tests except for the carbon and corrosion tests that you can compare portions of each video.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was surprised to see the amount of wear with the Slip2000. I wonder if the film strength is much much better with the EWL and EWL 30. I've used a lot of different lubes over the years, but I've never found anything slicker than Slip2000 EWL 30 with about 25% Tetra Gun Oil mixed in. The combination of the two is slicker than either one individually. I have no idea why, but it's unmistakable.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I used to run that in my ARs but quit because it wouldn't stay where I wanted it. Quality of lube is one thing, but it's not the best criteria if it flows away.
    I can see that, probably still better than the ultra thin oils like Rem Oil and such.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast