Thread: Glock 19-5, silencer and RMR question(s)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Glock 19-5, silencer and RMR question(s)

So, catching up to the cool kids and just picked up an Obsidian 9 and had some questions on sight height with a G19-5, eventually will wear a Trijicon RMR.

Looking at one site (Battlewerx) to lower 1/3rd with milling a .315 Ameriglo is the answer. Trijicon offers a .365 sight, guessing that will put me into absolute?

Front sight color, I was thinking green? I would rather have 1/3rd.

A couple things, this is a goof off gun, I carry a 43X or USP9c, no issues picking up the HD's on either as if it would matter for the "Ray Charles Shot (s)" In other words, I'm not stuffing a G19 with a dot and other trinkets into my waistband.

Pics and thoughts?

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Different mounts and sights make it hard to say whether it’s co witness, lower 1/3 or anything else. I would recommend getting blacked out sites, not trijicon. Tritium coming back at you through the dot window can be distracting. (I say can. Some don’t mind. Some hate it.)
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Plus 1 for blacked out. Although, the way you describe the role of this gat, I’d just leave the stockers on and get the RMR sooner.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you’re not interested in carrying it I’d look hard at a 17. I have one set up for dedicated suppressor use and it’s a little quieter and more reliable than 19s have been for me. The longer grip also works better with all the extra weight out front.

Mine has a Jagerwerks milled RM06 and Trijicon suppressor height sights, but Ameriglo GL429 would be a lot less intrusive as they’re shorter and the front is thinner.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I already ordered a barrel for the 19, but I can always find an excuse to pick up a 45 or 17 later. 17k, guessing you have the .365's?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    17K is on the money about the grip but there is a work around. Get a Vickers grip plug. You don't want the end of the 19 grip digging into your hand.

I like red dots but I might prefer iron sights only on a dedicated 9mm "host." No dirty lens and no chasing a pinpoint zero. Just index the booster and know where it hits.

I'm sure whoever does your build can tell you exactly what sight height you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Plus 1 for blacked out. Although, the way you describe the role of this gat, I’d just leave the stockers on and get the RMR sooner.
    I agree with this.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I already ordered a barrel for the 19, but I can always find an excuse to pick up a 45 or 17 later. 17k, guessing you have the .365's?
    I’m not sure. They’re Trijicon suppressor sights, tritium. They’re a little talker than I’d like, but not bad. I prefer the Ameriglo GL429s.