Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman's Warehouse announcement

Feedback Score

Sportsman's Warehouse announcement

Received the below E-Mail today:

"To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH)."

So, what happened here?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Received the below E-Mail today:

"To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH)."

So, what happened here?
    I don't know what happened, but competition is a good thing, "monopolies" are not. Notice I used quotes, I know they technically aren't a monopoly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    When BPS bought out Cabela’s within 6 months the local Cabela’s was closed down. I suspect the same for our Sportsman’s Warehouse.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Seems that SPWH is profitable on their own. They're probably better off without the exponential bureaucracy and corporate stupidity that goes along with these wonderful acquisitions.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Good for them. Post-BPS merger Cabela's has become essentially useless to me. It wasn't awesome before Bass Pro, but prices went up and selection went down after.

Feedback Score
    Welp, prices at Sportmans Warehouse will definitely go up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Don't know about the non-merger, but you guys might be amazed the BPS has the best prices on ammo (by a lot) in SoCal.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I much prefer Sportsmans to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I hope they stick around.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I much prefer Sportsmans to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I hope they stick around.
    Agreed. For a while, my local SW had the best prices on firearms. Also, my local SW carried suppressors, kind of a flagship pilot for them, I think. The store itself is less kitschy than Cabela’s, which always seemed to be geared towards the suburban weekend warrior flush with cash. Although tbh I did enjoy the selection of glass and optics pre-merger. The used gun prices at Cabela’s were a joke. Haven’t been in lately, so no idea how SW is faring post-pandemic.

Feedback Score
    I think this is a good thing. Just a heads up if you have one nearby. They will price match any physical store within 50 miles i think. They will also match some online places like brownells, sportsmans guide, REI, Scheels and some others. They have a list, but i did just get them to price match a Vortex PST 2 1x6 from Botach for $439.98 (have to add to cart to see price). Not sure how strict they are on this, but always nice to pick up stuff locally if they have it and not pay shipping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast