Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman's Warehouse announcement

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Our Sportsman's Warehouse went out of business a number of years ago, but it was way better than Cabela's or Bass Pro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Our SW's are still kicking despite having BOTH a Cabelas and a Bass Pro Shop in the same 300K population base. I prefer to shop SW.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sportsmans just opened a new location in the Phx area. I asked them how they got inventory when the other store in Mesa was bare bones in many respects? He said they are opening 5 new stores and all the new stores got all the new inventory to open with a bang.

The new store was very well stocked but ammo prices were still crazy crazy. All else normal.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sportsmans just opened a new location in the Phx area.
    Yeah... it seems like they're growing on their own... at least in AZ.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Our SW's are still kicking despite having BOTH a Cabelas and a Bass Pro Shop in the same 300K population base. I prefer to shop SW.
    We've got Cabelas, Scheels, Bass Pro, Dicks, Big 5, etc all within an hour of our Sportsmans and yet it still seems to do well. I do really enjoy Scheels, especially with the family, but for some reason I feel like supporting Sportsmans as it feels like the "little guy".

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    We've got Cabelas, Scheels, Bass Pro, Dicks, Big 5, etc all within an hour of our Sportsmans and yet it still seems to do well. I do really enjoy Scheels, especially with the family, but for some reason I feel like supporting Sportsmans as it feels like the "little guy".
    Praise the lord we have a Scheels taking over a local Nordstrom at a mall close by, should be fantastic. They started last year and said opening 2023, they be doing some work. We too have Dicks, Bass Pro, Cabellas..but a little larger population base.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I much prefer Sportsmans to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I hope they stick around.
    me too

cabelas became woke

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Praise the lord we have a Scheels taking over a local Nordstrom at a mall close by, should be fantastic. They started last year and said opening 2023, they be doing some work. We too have Dicks, Bass Pro, Cabellas..but a little larger population base.

PB
    We had a Scheels open up recently. They carry a great selection. Where else can you find ceramic armor, a Parrot Czechmate and a Ferris wheel ride in one location?!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Food sources and grocery stores have been doing this. The sporting goods industry conglomerations are killing the mom and pop community sporting goods stores.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Don't know about the non-merger, but you guys might be amazed the BPS has the best prices on ammo (by a lot) in SoCal.
    That probably sheds some light on their prices elsewhere.
    Rather than CA taking the full brunt of the costs they’re spreading it out nationally and way over market price elsewhere.

Cabelas has become worthless since being bought by Bass Pro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast