Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FN bringing back the High Power 2022

Feedback Score
    What a disappointment. Ugly, expensive, and pointless. Why bother adding that to a nice collection?

The SA copy offers a few improvements without killing the original design.

I would rather not imagine that next to the Nighthawk HP. NHC was expensive, but beautiful and functional for carry.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Looks like the Turkish iteration includes the magazine disconnect:

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'm not seeing an extractor in the pictures. If this new FN has an internal extractor, that seems like a step backward as well. Any idea if it will fit existing Hi Power holsters?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I like the ambi controls but they don't mean much without the rest of the package. Hopefully they will listen up.

If I wanted a classic Browning Hi-Power, that's what I'd get, none of these new jobbers.

Speaking of which, I guess the gun manufacturers got wind people want Hi-Powers or something, EAA/Girsan MCP35 is going for it, too...

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...fn-high-power/
    The Girsan may have been out for awhile. If not Girsan, it was another Turkish company making them since at least the time frame FN stopped and with that ramped front sight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The Girsan may have been out for awhile. If not Girsan, it was another Turkish company making them since at least the time frame FN stopped and with that ramped front sight.
    Perhaps you're thinking of the Tisas Regent BR9. It's an absolutely awesome looking Hi-Power. The fit and finish are absolutely on par with those from FN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Perhaps you're thinking of the Tisas Regent BR9. It's an absolutely awesome looking Hi-Power. The fit and finish are absolutely on par with those from FN.

That is a possibility. I can recall the Tisas name linked to a HP copy and I can recall a Turkish made pistol that used the just about unusable early flat safety, but I also recall the long ramped front sight like on the Girsan coming up in regards to alternates since FN shut down the HP line.

Something about the profile of the new FN pistol reminds me of a post WWII to 1950's Era prototype(or at least very low production) pistol that had some HP influence in it. For some reason I am thinking Canada and maybe .45 ACP, but the only thing I am finding pictures of using those search terms are the Inglis pistols with several lightening cuts.

Feedback Score
    Either make it a clone of the original or 're-imagine' it with modern update like a 2011 offset with a mag system not designed by a choke-fetish constriction in it. The single action 9mm that everyone says that they want.

Collectors aren't going to want it. It isn't modern day relevant. So the market is people that have heard of Hi-powers, but don't actually know anything about them. OK that's a plan.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post

It just looks cheap and fugly to me. Not at all refined like a nice High Power.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it and I'm looking at as it's own pistol, not a BHP. If it runs then I will consider it along with the Springfield version. I won't buy a Turkish pistol or anything else if I can help it. Turkey is on the same list as china as far as I am concerned. But that's me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    It just looks cheap and fugly to me. Not at all refined like a nice High Power.
    I own over ten Hi-Powers. If it said Browning or FN on the slide, nobody would doubt it. Perhaps the quality doesn't come across in the picture. Hold one in your hand, take it apart, shoot it and then tell me what you think.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast