Thread: Colt issues recall for certain Colt Modern Sporting Rifles

Feedback Score

Colt issues recall for certain Colt Modern Sporting Rifles

Just got my February 2022 issue of American Hunter magazine, and on page 41, Colt has a half-page notice that they are recalling certain Colt Modern Sporting Rifles (MSR). It says they voluntarily initiated a recall in November 2021 for certain rifles which could "discharge when the trigger is released by the shooter".
    Several model #'s are listed along with the range of Serial #'s of rifles that could be affected.

They list a website ColtRepairMSR.com for you to check to see if you have a rifle that falls under the recall.
    I tried searching under the "Advanced Search" to see if this has been mentioned, but I couldn't so here it is, at the risk of redundancy.

Moderator, you can delete or relocate it to the proper forum.

Feedback Score
    There is a thread ‘Colt modern sporting rifle (msr) safety recall’. I’m not savvy enough to post a link.
    The gist is certain hammers might cause an issue, certain others (I think including the S marked ones) don’t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofmt View Post
    There is a thread ‘Colt modern sporting rifle (msr) safety recall’. I’m not savvy enough to post a link.
    The gist is certain hammers might cause an issue, certain others (I think including the S marked ones) don’t.
    Thanks, I was sure it was posted somewhere since it started in November, but couldn't find it. I thought it was important enough to post again even if it had been addressed.