Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic Gun Safety Continues To Confuse And Frustrate Complete Morons...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It is not just the tards walking of the street either, remember this instructor get taken out by a 9 old with an UZI...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...zi-was-n193981
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It is not just the tards walking of the street either, remember this instructor get taken out by a 9 old with an UZI...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...zi-was-n193981
    Do stupid shit, and somebody is going to get killed.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    The range I used to go to didn’t have a RSO, the last time I was there the person shooting in the adjacent lane ducked under the partition to retrieve a target that had fallen from the hanger while other patrons were actively shooting, myself included. I called cease fire and ripped the guy a new one, then packed up my gear and left. There was a lot of bullet holes in the partitions, light fixtures, etc…

The environment was unsafe so I will never go back. Currently I’m on a waiting list for a local gun club with excellent RSO’s, last time I inquired I was told it will be another year or so before there’s an opening…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was waiting in line to buy some range time at the local indoor range. The guy in front of me had a large range bag that he left on the counter and a kid walks up and starts taking high dollar 1911's out of it.
    I said "Hey buddy" after the third one is stacked up there.
    He lost his sh*t, this wasn't his kid as I assumed, just some random 8 year old stacking up Colts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I agree, gross child endangerment (intentional or not), demonstrates severe levels of bad judgement. There have been a few times when I was on school property in an official capacity and I used to worry about the loaded weapon I left in my vehicle. Only an actual life threatening situation would make me take a loaded firearm INTO a school.

If I got tapped to do some kind of firearm awareness program, I'd never dream of bringing ammo or magazines into the building and knowing me I'd probably check/clear the firearm a few dozen times before I even got to the door. I'm almost severely OCD about that shit.

I've seen enough people ND that it is my goal in life to NEVER have an ND. A few years back some dipshit elected official who had an ND inside her office claimed that if you carry a gun every day (like she does) it is inevitable that you will one day accidentally fire it. I think it was in the Carolina's or one of those "should know better when it comes to guns" states.

I think it's the most time I've ever spent trying to scream at a person through my computer monitor.
    My kids are grown and out if the house now, but I carried in the school when they were there for many years (Detroit suburb).

Our state doesn't allow CC in schools but you can OC if you have a CPL so that made it a circus at the start, but eventually they got used to it.
    I never had a problem.

A state level gun group I used to be part of would offer "project childsafe" classes, it is basically the NSSF version of Eddie Eagle classes.
    I always carried at those events due to most of the locations were in war zones (in downtown Detroit).

One part of the class was we would take 4 or 5 air soft guns and remove the orange tips etc and 1 or 2 real guns and put them on a table and have the kids, then their patents try to guess what was real and what was not.
    Most had no clue.

That was the only time I was worried about something going sideways, I would check all the guns several times before going in the building (not including the one I/we carried) and then have another competent person check then check again as we set up that table.

Fortunately no issues with that either.

I just made a personal rule that in the above mentioned situations, the gun I carried wouldn't leave my holster unless it was needed to stop a threat.
    I think that personal rule decreases the chances of problems happening.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    During a pistol class, I was going back in to the clubhouse and heard a muffled bang by way of a court bailiff in the class who had went inside before I did to practice "dry firing" on the clay pigeon boxes beside the door I was reaching for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123