Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SureFire Turbo series 2022

Feedback Score

SureFire Turbo series 2022

Not really feeling woo’d by the numbers on these. Candela went up and lumens went down? Guess we’ll have to wait for some reviews.

https://www.recoilweb.com/shot-2022-...es-172565.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. I'm guessing that with those lumens and candela numbers, they've got very narrow beams with almost no usable spill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing any Modlite beaters here.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Meh. A good option but still seems inferior to Modlite and Cloud Defensive. Both of them have lights with extremely high Candella and much higher Lumens. These seem equivalent to the Modlite OKW heads. Which are good but not as well rounded as the others.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing that with those lumens and candela numbers, they've got very narrow beams with almost no usable spill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing any Modlite beaters here.
    I wouldn't rule out spill. My okw has a little bit more in the lumen department but not much and i never feel like i dont have enough spill.
    Last edited by awdxtc; 01-20-22 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure that the share drop in market sales helped to propel this. At least they are paying attention after all these years.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'm sure that the share drop in market sales helped to propel this. At least they are paying attention after all these years.
    I have my doubts on that. SureFire is still by far the king when it comes to contracts, AFAIK. While Modlite has certainly made some in-roads in procurement, it's my understanding that SureFire is still doing absolutely fine, with all the IDIQ contracts they're still servicing, and are still winning contracts. I'm sure that they noticed the push toward throw over raw output, and this is a response to that, but I would guess it is much more seen as a pre-emptive move for possible future contracts by SureFire internally rather responding to lost sales and try to claw them back. I'd wager the number of WMLs, particularly quality WMLs, are absolutely tiny on the civilian market compared to government orders.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I'd wager the number of WMLs, particularly quality WMLs, are absolutely tiny on the civilian market compared to government orders.
    While I totally agree with you on their stance with military contracts. I would say that Surefire realizes that the civilian market has a direct correlation to .gov contracts, just look at Mlok, Mid-length barrels, etc. How much this weighs on them?, IDK.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I have my doubts on that. SureFire is still by far the king when it comes to contracts, AFAIK. While Modlite has certainly made some in-roads in procurement, it's my understanding that SureFire is still doing absolutely fine, with all the IDIQ contracts they're still servicing, and are still winning contracts. I'm sure that they noticed the push toward throw over raw output, and this is a response to that, but I would guess it is much more seen as a pre-emptive move for possible future contracts by SureFire internally rather responding to lost sales and try to claw them back. I'd wager the number of WMLs, particularly quality WMLs, are absolutely tiny on the civilian market compared to government orders.
    It's kinda like when those photos hit the internet of a couple military units using Deadair Sandman S's and people thought it meant the end of Surefire as we know it.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a little money on this new SF head with all that candela being a request from a mil unit or gov agency. SF has never really been one to jump to market with a product because the civilian market has been asking for it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Surefire rates very conservative, not all do, Surefire has a proven track record for reliably and ruggedness, not all do. There's more to winning contracts than numbers on paper, yes the OKW blows the DF away when it comes to throw but with the new SF refocus (pun intended) if it comes close to the OKW it will be a winner.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Surefire rates very conservative, not all do, Surefire has a proven track record for reliably and ruggedness, not all do. There's more to winning contracts than numbers on paper, yes the OKW blows the DF away when it comes to throw but with the new SF refocus (pun intended) if it comes close to the OKW it will be a winner.
    Certainly a step in the right direction however both cloud and modlite have new lights coming out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast