Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it still worth reloading?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    It's mostly rifle and pistol powder and primers, all still sealed/unopened. I don't have a press or projectiles. Reloading was something I always wanted to get into eventually, and the main reason for that was if ammo became too expensive or restricted one day.
    If that stuff is half way stored properly it will last a lifetime or more...

And thanks to inflation it will not become 'cheaper' to buy the same stuff ten years from now.

Feedback Score
    9mm, probably not worth your time unless you have a good progressive loading setup.

Anything else, yes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i cast bullets for my pistols and rifles. This is where you can sav a lot of $$$$. For 9mm right now with the supplies i have it is costing me about $40/1Kbut that will change when i have to buy new primers. It will double at today prices. But that will be several years before i have to do that

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do not sell that jewelry called reloading. It may be best to hold on until you can reload.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I think I'll hang to everything for now. It's all kept in a safe climate controlled environment at my father's house.
    You have chosen wisely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    i cast bullets for my pistols and rifles. This is where you can sav a lot of $$$$. For 9mm right now with the supplies i have it is costing me about $40/1Kbut that will change when i have to buy new primers. It will double at today prices. But that will be several years before i have to do that
    How old is your primer stock? Primers had been $3.99/100 for five years or so before the shortage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They were $26/1K before this bs started here. I still have 8K wolf sp left. They were like $18/1K. Have 3 full cases of 5K SR wolf left also. Then 5 full cases cci #41. at least 3K cci SP and 2K Win SP and 4K Win SR. I have been reloading since the early 90's I learned my lessons back then to not get caught without. I had my C&R license back then and All the catalog retailers would give dealer discounts with it. Hardly none of them do now so I let it lapse around 2007 or so. The prices are with the gas factored into processing the lead to cast the bullets and the powder coat to coat the bullets.
    Last edited by tomme boy; 01-20-22 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    They were $26/1K before this bs started here. I still have 8K wolf sp left. They were like $18/1K. Have 3 full cases of 5K SR wolf left also. Then 5 full cases cci #41. at least 3K cci SP and 2K Win SP and 4K Win SR. I have been reloading since the early 90's I learned my lessons back then to not get caught without. I had my C&R license back then and All the catalog retailers would give dealer discounts with it. Hardly none of them do now so I let it lapse around 2007 or so. The prices are with the gas factored into processing the lead to cast the bullets and the powder coat to coat the bullets.
    Used to I got the C&R discounts. I don’t think I saw 2.99 in about seven years or better except when you’d catch sales. Good on you got stocking up. A friend of mine and I split a pallet load about fifteen years or so of CCI #41s. Ended up being less than $2/100. I don’t even remember how many I had but I’ve shot a ton of rounds and still have about 20k of them to work from. I just wish I’d bought more small pistol primers back in the day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Used to I got the C&R discounts. I don’t think I saw 2.99 in about seven years or better except when you’d catch sales. Good on you got stocking up. A friend of mine and I split a pallet load about fifteen years or so of CCI #41s. Ended up being less than $2/100. I don’t even remember how many I had but I’ve shot a ton of rounds and still have about 20k of them to work from. I just wish I’d bought more small pistol primers back in the day.

Do you have pistols that will not light off the 41's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Do you have pistols that will not light off the 41's?
    My USPSA pistols won’t ignite CCI small pistol primers all the time. Federal small pistols work consistently with it. Part of having that nice trigger in a competition gun though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast