Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another classic car "barn find"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    The K car next to it is the real treasure.
    I didn't see a Chrysler K, but I did see a GM "G-body". (Buick T-type or GN)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Yeah I drove old cars in real time and I would rather have EFI, air bags, disk brakes, etc. Classics are fun to look at but there’s a reason for crumple zones and foam padding…

Trying to start a worn-out Quadrajet in -20F isn’t fun. I think I’ll start an old car thread.
    That's why my next non '64 Mercury will be a 392 6speed Hemi-Challenger. Not the Demon mind you, but at 475HP, the scat-pack SRT WILL GIT 'R' DONE
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I just glanced at the video. Red one next to the Mustang. I’m sure I was wrong. Been a while since I saw a actual K car.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I just glanced at the video. Red one next to the Mustang. I’m sure I was wrong. Been a while since I saw a actual K car.
    The red car next to the Shelby in the video was actually a "Fox body" LX Mustang. Then he went down into the basement and that's where the red "K-code" '65 Mustang 2+2 was, which is the 271hp GT fastback variant. My '66 "A-code" notchback/coupe was the lower 225hp GT. There was also a "C-code" non-GT Mustang with a 200hp 289 2bbl V8 available. All were available in coupe, convertible or 2+2 configurations.

That's why early Stang fans refer to C/A/K code variants by the letter designation represented in the 5th character on the VIN. That tells you more accurately what you're looking at when they all have the same 289 V8 badge on the fender.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    That's why my next non '64 Mercury will be a 392 6speed Hemi-Challenger. Not the Demon mind you, but at 475HP, the scat-pack SRT WILL GIT 'R' DONE
    IMO, the very best Challenger variant is represented by the 485hp, 2020 50th Anniversary Widebody Challenger Scat-Pack with Shaker hood, specifically in Sinnamon Stick.

If not, a 2019-2022 of the same spec in F8 green would be just fine by me!

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12