Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPARC AR vs Aimpoint PRO vs. H1

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

SPARC AR vs Aimpoint PRO vs. H1

I have three AR's that need optics, mounts, slings, and lights. Trying to save where feasible. I have T1's and M2's on some other "primary guns", these three AR's are backups to a my backup, but if grabbed in a rush, I need something that can put rounds on target reliably. I see Defoor running the Sparc Solar, which looks very much like the SPARC AR which both look a lot like the Aimpoint Micros.

Sparc Solar - $279
    Sparc AR - $199
    H1 with aftermarket AR mount - $585
    Pro - $445

I can get 3 Sparc AR's for the price of an H1 with mount. Or 2.25 Sparc AR's for the price of a Pro. Or two Solar's for the price of one H1 with mount. Can someone give me the no BS answer here? I've got S&B, Razor Gen II, Viper Gen II, Leupolds, and several Aimpoints. I think I'm willing to try out the Vortex RDS stuff, if they aren't just pieces of crap plinker only stuff.

I'm not new, but new to these new offerings.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    I have a Sparc AR I put on an AR pistol, then on a DDM V7LW upper I'm finishing. I didn't put much time on it yet, but I'm happy with it overall, seems to hold zero fine. We'll see about durability..... it's not as Gucci as my T2s for sure, main complaint is the controls are nowhere near as quick n easy as the Aimpoints. I'm not sorry I bought it yet��
    Hope it helps somewhat. Wayne

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You really ought to check out the ROMEO from Sig. I have the Romeo 5, I think, That was about $150 without mount.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You really ought to check out the ROMEO from Sig. I have the Romeo 5, I think, That was about $150 without mount.
    Yeah, I agree. I think I have about 3 on various calibers. They are pretty great for the money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I have three AR's that need optics, mounts, slings, and lights. Trying to save where feasible. I have T1's and M2's on some other "primary guns", these three AR's are backups to a my backup, but if grabbed in a rush, I need something that can put rounds on target reliably. I see Defoor running the Sparc Solar, which looks very much like the SPARC AR which both look a lot like the Aimpoint Micros.

Sparc Solar - $279
    Sparc AR - $199
    H1 with aftermarket AR mount - $585
    Pro - $445

I can get 3 Sparc AR's for the price of an H1 with mount. Or 2.25 Sparc AR's for the price of a Pro. Or two Solar's for the price of one H1 with mount. Can someone give me the no BS answer here? I've got S&B, Razor Gen II, Viper Gen II, Leupolds, and several Aimpoints. I think I'm willing to try out the Vortex RDS stuff, if they aren't just pieces of crap plinker only stuff.

I'm not new, but new to these new offerings.
    After being in the same boat, I tried the Vortex Crossfire RDS a few years ago. I never abused one but I’ve had probably four or five mounted on various ARs and even pump 12 gauges that saw 3 gun use. They never let me down. My biggest complaint was that I wanted one or two higher settings for brightness. After that being my experience for the last few years, I jumped when I saw the Sparc SOLAR. It’s bright, has shake awake, Solar charging, seems reasonably durable (I’ve seen several torture tests of the original SPARCs over the past few years where they perform well), and check every box I’d want except for 1/2 MOA adjustments.

I’m very happy with mine and will buy several more. I even replaced my T-2 with it. Only change I made was using a Scalarworks mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am going to try the SPARC Solar and see what's up. Might see about a Romeo once I read some more.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Made in China garbage.. Ask yourself this. If you had two AR's to choose from, one with an Aimpoint the other with a Vortex, which would you honestly reach for?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Made in China garbage.. Ask yourself this. If you had two AR's to choose from, one with an Aimpoint the other with a Vortex, which would you honestly reach for?
    Depends on the gun underneath. RDS isn't atom splitting. Now if I had to go to war with a sight, I'd be opting for the best possible. I do keep an aimpoint on the house gun for what it's worth, but the ROMEO line is hard to differentiate from the Aimpoint from a practical standpoint. (after a few years of running them)

700 vs 150 is a spread that I can't justify for range blasters. Shoot.. I have a 20 plus year old $19 RDS on my ruger 10-22 that has parts rattling inside it. And it still works and holds zero.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I prefer the holosun models over the sparc’s. The refresh rate of vortex red dots is slower than most.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    So, yeah, I get it, and note that I've got at least three AR's with Aimpoints on them that sit at the front of the line. What made me even take note of the Vortex Sparcs, and the Solar in particular, is Kyle Defoor posting that he was using one for his current GOV/MIL training gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast