Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Toyota Sequoia released

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2023 Toyota Sequoia released

437hp...583 ft lbs torque hybrid standard. 5 dufferent grades. Looks pretty good actually.

Feedback Score
    I have a Tahoe sized truck now, and it's a bit big. I'm interested to see what the next 4Runner is like.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ugh, do you have to get hybrid?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Ugh, do you have to get hybrid?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yes, half breed or a Tacoma pick up. Electric can make sense for a 4-wheel drive system with the motors at the wheels- and all kinds of torque at low rpms- but they put the electric motor on the drive train in line with the motor. Is that the way that they do trucks? I hope if the battery dies, you can still just use the gas engine?

What is up with Toyota designers and the 'deep throat' grill set ups. Toyota and LExus grills are HUGE. Good if you are a rapper or running a BBQ, but really fugly. I'd love to have a Land Crusier, but I won't go near an LX600.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I really like this. As a current sequoia owner, it’s a massive improvement. I wish they made an EL/Suburban size. If they did, I would be at the dealer tomorrow to order one.

The grille on the sequoia looks a lot better than the new tundra (which I just happened to see this morning). I’m excited about this. Particularly as an urban driver using it as a family hauler. My fuel economy will increase by 50% minimum.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Wow, looks impressive but I'd like to see how it actually does against Tahoe,Yukon, Suburban etc. If it brings more to the table I might be interested, but I did look at the all new Tundra's recently and I was left wanting more.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I don’t hate it.

Cosmetics look better than the 3rd Gen Tundra. Features content looks competitive, plenty of room, big infotainment screen, plenty of power.

Some of the features absent on the Tundra like a wide variety of power train choices, front tow hooks, higher payload and higher towing numbers than the competition don’t matter at all. At least not in the market segment of large near luxury body on frame SUV’s because customers don’t typically off road them or tow giant travel trailers.

Overall I think the Sequoia hits the mark much much better as a full size SUV than the Tundra does as a 1/2 ton pickup. Toyota developed TNGA-F pretty clearly as an SUV platform first and foremost to underpin the Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Land Cruiser Prado, Sequoia, Lexus LX, and Lexus GX. Frankly the Tundra, Tacoma, and Hilux are or will be adaptations of an SUV platform instead of the other way around.

If I had to score each one within their segment I would give the Sequoia a solid 95% A+ score within the full size SUV category as long as pricing is not absurd. There isn’t a ton of competition within full size SUV’s and they don’t get changed up nearly as often, plus there is less dick measuring going on in the segment. Max towing and payload, max power and torque etc take a back seat priority wise to luxury, space, safety, gizmos, and other creature comforts. Offering a limited number of trims and option packages is common in the large SUV segment, so that won’t hurt the Sequoia either. The only major blunder is part time 4 wheel drive, Toyota should have put the Torsen center full time 4 wheel drive transfer case in.

The Tundra in my estimation gets about a 70% score within the 1/2 ton truck category. Options are too few in number and require odd and expensive packages. Only two engine choices with no V8 is a mistake marketing wise. So is the mandatory 3.31:1 axle ratio with nothing more aggressive for maximum towing or the off road crowd that will want big tires. The omission of front tow hooks limits appeal as an off road rig whether they’re needed frequently or not. Lagging payload numbers limit real world towing capacity, which is not best in class to begin with. As noted by testers the new Tundra doesn’t move the bar much it’s merely competitive and competent right now with existing 1/2 tons. I was initially very excited about the 3rd Gen Tundra but given the pricing I'm not sure it is worth it since I get vendor discounts with the Big 3, I expect a TRD Pro to cost damn near $70K and I can order a freakin' GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 Duramax with decent options for a bit less than that with vendor pricing.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 01-26-22 at 01:30. Reason: Additional info.

Feedback Score
    I’d really like to purchase a 3/4T Toyota Tundra with a turbo diesel. (I’d also purchase a Hilux 4D 4x4 to drive around town.) I doubt either will happen in my lifetime though...

Feedback Score
    Toyota is not very interested in selling full size trucks it seems.

Feedback Score
    Here is TFL's take on the new Sequoia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrtakE6DTI
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast