Thread: American community survey

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

American community survey

Anyone receive the American community survey? I had never heard of it until today.

https://respond.census.gov/acs/

https://www.rutherford.org/publicati...mmunity_survey

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Individuals who receive the ACS must complete it or be subject to monetary penalties. Although no reports have surfaced of individuals actually being penalized for refusing to answer the survey, the potential fines that can be levied for refusing to participate in the ACS are staggering. For every question not answered, there is a $100 fine. And for every intentionally false response to a question, the fine is $500. Therefore, if a person representing a two-person household refused to fill out any questions or simply answered nonsensically, the total fines could range from upwards of $10,000 and $50,000 for noncompliance.
    I'll let my Autistic kids fill mine out with crayons. That'll keep the apparatchik monkeys busy deciphering that for years to come!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it doesn’t come by registered mail I never got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sorry, the cows ate my homework.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    I got something similar I think. Lots of questions about my son, his access to medical care, education etc.

I pissed myself laughing when I filled it out. The survey asked for a name, nickname, or title for my son. Specifically stated I didn’t have to divulge his actual name. So his name is “Barbarian King” as far as the US Census Bureau knows. I filled out all the questions as if my 4 year old son were Conan the Barbarian.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I'll let my Autistic kids fill mine out with crayons. That'll keep the apparatchik monkeys busy deciphering that for years to come!
    However, that's not all. The survey also demands to know how many days you were sick last year, how many automobiles you own and the number of miles driven, whether you have trouble getting up the stairs, and what time you leave for work every morning, along with highly detailed inquiries about your financial affairs. And the survey demands that you violate the privacy of others by supplying the names and addresses of your friends, relatives and employer. The questionnaire also demands that you give other information on the people in your home, such as their educational levels, how many years of school were completed, what languages they speak and when they last worked at a job, among other things.

While some of the ACS’ questions may seem fairly routine, the real danger is in not knowing why the information is needed, how it will be used by the government or with whom it will be shared.
    Screw them.

Last time census people came my house (after throwing their postal crap in trash numerous times) and actually found me at home - She was 'greeted' by the Dobermans while I was out back feeding the chickens.

Girls had her pinned into a corner under the carport growling their asses off every time she even thought about moving.

She left pretty quick once she could...

Feedback Score
    About 12 years ago I received a longer version of the census. I suspect it was triggered because on the original census for the question about my "ethnicity" I marked it other and filled in the blank with "Appalachian American". This was back when everyone was trying to describe themselves as a hyphenated American. So instead of Redneck Hillbilly I wrote in "Appalachian American".
    When I got the longer version I read it from front to back. Instructions on the front said I must respond to the survey. I contemplated just signing it and sending it back since that would be a response. Instead I answered all of the questions except the ones about salary. It had questions about number of bedrooms and bathrooms. I included our barn and shed as bathrooms since I frequently use them to take a leak.
    When it came to the question about dependents I again included all of them. 2 horses, 11 dogs and a cat, plus their ages. I figured since I was feeding and sheltering them, that made them dependents. Feeling proud of myself I mailed it off.

About 6 weeks went by and our phone started ringing and caller ID said US Census. Well I ignored them for about 4 weeks before I took the call. Lady said I didn't complete the survey. I tried to explain she wasn't getting anymore info. Again the instructions only stated I had to respond. It didn't say I had to complete it. She kept trying to get me to tell her how much money we made. Told her it was no of her business. She offered to get a supervisor on the phone. I said Ma'am you can put anyone on the phone you want but the only people I have to share that info with is the IRS. Now if you are as important as you think you are, call them because I have paid my taxes this year. I hung and never heard from them again. I still list myself as Appalachian American on the census.
    Last edited by RugerMKII; 01-22-22 at 16:04.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    “I AM A MEAT POPSICLE!”
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…