Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA Blem Lowers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PSA Blem Lowers

Anyone ever get one of these? How were they? Was it finish or machine marks? I ordered one but waiting like everyone else on shipping.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have in the past. Could not find the Blem. But depending on things it may not be noticeable.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    I've purchased several. I never could find the blemishes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two PSA blemished lowers & one blemished 10.5 inch 9mm pistol upper. The uppers blemish is obvious and like a nasty stain about 1/4 inch wide at its widest 2" long on the area opposite the side of ejection port. The lowers look fine to my old eyes and they haven't broken. I will say that I have owned more the a few non blemished PSA lowers from back in the day and no two lowers were the same shade, but all are still working.
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 01-21-22 at 20:58.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'd be more concern about what you don't see, than what you do see.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I honestly would not buy a blemished lower from any manufacturer. School of the American Rifle posted a youtube video on blemished KAC lower which was all over out of spec.
    Lower is a controlled item and you can't easily return it without paying FFL fees and such.

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that a lot of "Blem" lowers PSA sell are actually non-blem lowers, but priced to sell. They get a lot of repeat business if person buys a lower and is happy with it.

For about $20-40 you can buy a non-blem lower from PSA/Aero/else which has a higher chance of being 100% in-spec. You still might get a lemon once in a while, but can be said about anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve had about a dozen blem PSA lowers go through my hands and I’ve never been able find the blemish, all the lower parts fit and they functioned normally.

I would buy again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I honestly would not buy a blemished lower from any manufacturer. School of the American Rifle posted a youtube video on blemished KAC lower which was all over out of spec.
    Lower is a controlled item and you can't easily return it without paying FFL fees and such.

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that a lot of "Blem" lowers PSA sell are actually non-blem lowers, but priced to sell. They get a lot of repeat business if person buys a lower and is happy with it.
    I have that same theory about several other manufacturers as well. It allows those manufacturers to maintain their pricing on 'unblemished' items and at the same time keep stock moving and profits coming in without devaluing their 'unblemished' merchandise.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Buy it then ask a question.... Smart. Chances are you wont find the blem, hell, we'd sell "blems" at my old shop just to dump inventory.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'd be more concern about what you don't see, than what you do see.
    Blems means appearence not form, fit, or function!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast