Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one starting to prefer iron sights?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    If there's three things on this board that entertain me to no end, it's Okie's red dot postings, Mysterman's patriotic optic use, and Rooster's $3000 Colt barrels.

But I've gotta tell you, of the three, Okie's takes the cake! Someone with, by his own admission, almost zero training and experience outside of shooting rifles in the grass and indoor ranges with a usual distance of 25 yds, is here to tell us that RDS can't be used without constantly adjusting them. Someone who, by his own admission, often doesn't know if his RDS is even turned on, is here to tell us that they don't work! Someone who, by his own admission, thinks shot timers are for "hypebeast tier one operator and competition types", is here to tell us that irons are faster than modern optics. Someone who, by his own admission, states that because "operators operated operationally" a long time ago with irons, then they are good enough for him, yet has never done anything beyond shooting in the grass with an optic that was turned off to know anything about the topic.

You know, if Okie had said, "I think this works for me, what do you guys think?" and then not immediately called people liars for saying that:
    1) Timers will show one is faster than the other
    2) Training outside of his grass is beneficial
    3) RDS have been used extremely efficiently in combat for the last 2.5 decades.
    4) RDS don't have to be constantly adjusted
    5) etc etc etc

Then maybe this wouldn't be the funniest thread on M4C. Okie is Gecko45, prove me wrong.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    If there's three things on this board that entertain me to no end, it's Okie's red dot postings, Mysterman's patriotic optic use, and Rooster's $3000 Colt barrels.

But I've gotta tell you, of the three, Okie's takes the cake! Someone with, by his own admission, almost zero training and experience outside of shooting rifles in the grass and indoor ranges with a usual distance of 25 yds, is here to tell us that RDS can't be used without constantly adjusting them. Someone who, by his own admission, often doesn't know if his RDS is even turned on, is here to tell us that they don't work! Someone who, by his own admission, thinks shot timers are for "hypebeast tier one operator and competition types", is here to tell us that irons are faster than modern optics. Someone who, by his own admission, states that because "operators operated operationally" a long time ago with irons, then they are good enough for him, yet has never done anything beyond shooting in the grass with an optic that was turned off to know anything about the topic.

You know, if Okie had said, "I think this works for me, what do you guys think?" and then not immediately called people liars for saying that:
    2) Training outside of his grass is beneficial
    3) RDS have been used extremely efficiently in combat for the last 2.5 decades.
    4) RDS don't have to be constantly adjusted
    5) etc etc etc

Then maybe this wouldn't be the funniest thread on M4C. Okie is Gecko45, prove me wrong.
    This, all of this…. You’ve managed to sum up why this forum continues to lose members, and SMEs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Don't forget LowSpeed_HighDrag shooting a long range class with 55 gr ammo!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Hey now

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hey now
    Pappabear just text me how when he started shooting High Power, he shot 147 ball in 7.62. The other shooters were like..... DUDE!!! And I used to shoot nothing but 55gr too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The thing with timers is so many people think they are just about shaving seconds, that is not it, they are a diagnostic tool. My guess is the OP didn't bother to watch those Blowers videos I posted and if he did they either flew over his head and he didn't comprehend what Bill was saying or dismissed them out of hand. The preconceived notions are strong with this one.

LOL, that was a pretty good dig. The major difference is he was asking the question of "What do you guys think?" not "I hit fine with 55gr at 25-50 yards so I'll be good at 500-600 yards and anyone that says otherwise is full of shit."
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Hey, you shoot what the boss gives ya.

If I remember correctly LSHD, was provided with that ammo by his department.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Hey, you shoot what the boss gives ya.

If I remember correctly LSHD, was provided with that ammo by his department.
    I was, but I'm honored to take a ribbing from MarkM every once in awhile lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Since we're off track a bit here, and I watched the Bill Blower vid. Good, short to the point vid I thought. Did you notice he draws and shoots right handed but writes left handed? My wife does just the opposite. I've always thought "how strange", but then again, maybe not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Since we're off track a bit here, and I watched the Bill Blower vid. Good, short to the point vid I thought. Did you notice he draws and shoots right handed but writes left handed? My wife does just the opposite. I've always thought "how strange", but then again, maybe not.
    Blowers is left handed, but right eye dominant, IIRC. He shoots long guns off his left side, too.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast