Thread: Burris Veracity 2-10x42 vs. Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10x44

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Burris Veracity 2-10x42 vs. Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10x44

I’m looking for a scope for my AR-10 (.308 Win) which will be a dedicated short to mid-range hunting rig, deer mostly and possibly coyote. I’ve already settled on this magnification range, and am looking hard at these two scopes. I’m looking at the E1 reticle on the Burris and the ACSS-Raptor on the PA. Both are FFP, in the same price range, and similar weight. I like the simpler E1 reticle on the Burris, but prefer the illumination on the PA. I honestly don’t really care about the fancy reticles a lot of scopes have these days, I won’t be shooting critters past 250 yards and so a 50yd zero with no hold over or compensation works just fine for my hunting needs.

Looking for opinions on which might suit me better, based on my described use. Really curious to hear opinions from those who have experience with either one or both. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    I would definitely go with the Burris for intended purpose. The crosshairs will be better suited for hunting. The exposed knobs on the PA could be knocked around when hunting. One is designed for hunting, the other for tactical/target. As far as the illuminated reticle goes….you can’t hunt till it’s light out. At least around here.