Thread: Custom Pistol Build

Feedback Score

Custom Pistol Build

Admin - Please feel free to move this post to the Pistol thread.

After a more than a decade away from the forums and just enjoying shooting my KAC SR-15 E3 MOD 0 over the years, I decided to go to a gun show. I haven't been to a gun show in close to 10 years. I kept seeing so many SBRs. Significantly more than in the past. I decided to talk to a few dealers. I know Pistol ARs have been around for a long time. But they have come a massively long way. After doing plenty of research I decided I wanted to build my own Pistol AR. The good think is that Money was not a concern this time around. That being said, I am not buying the parts that are just the most expensive. It means that price is not a consideration for me at this point. Purely the quality of the parts, reliability, and functionality. I could buy a KAC 11.5 upper. But for the 2x the price will I get 2x the performance and reliability vs the BCM 11.5? Factually the answer is no. And that is coming from someone who is a huge KAC fan. The purpose of my Pistol build is primary Home Defense and travelability between home and vacation homes. I saw a lot of nice Pistol ARs (assembled by the dealers) at the gun show, but I am an engineer by trade and as a result, I know most dealers will cut corners to cut costs. A lot of the AR Pistols had really pretty colors too (sarcasm).

I just wanted to know exactly what was inside my primary defense gun. Here is the exact build details and a link to the build sheet with links for others if they are interested. I will update post and add pics once it is completed. Feedback is welcomed.

• Seekins NX15 Lower Receiver
    • BCM 11.5 MCMR - Complete Upper
    • Radian Weapons NP3 Charging Handle
    • Radian Weapons Ambi Safety (Grey)
    • SI Tribus Extended Receiver End Plate
    • Battle Arms Takedown Pins
    • Rise Armament Lower Parts kit
    • SB SBA3 Brace w/o tube
    • Rise Armament Blitz Blackout Trigger
    • Pistol Grip (Magpul MOE K2+)
    • Magpul MOE Lube Bottle Core
    • Primary Arms 1-6x24 SFP ACSS Gen-3
    • Primary Arms Mag-Tight Throw Lever
    • Aero Precision Ultralight 30mm scope mount
    • Railscales Karve-P Handstop
    • VLTOR A5 Buffer & Spring
    • VLTOR A5 Buffer Tube
    • Cloud Defense OWL Light

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Evil Bert; 01-22-22 at 13:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Looks like fun project.

In my AOO we are “allowed” to have a loaded pistol in vehicle as long as it’s out of sight.
    I keep an 8” 300 BLK Pistol with me. Best to have it and not need it, than need it and blah/blah.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm excited to put it all together. Agree with the better to have it... I considered the 300 BLK but that may be next year's option.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.