Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again, courtesy of the ^&%$#@* Chinese......

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can FAUCI provide us with the upcoming schedule of releases he funded?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 weeks, flatten the curve, we’re in this together, the new normal………..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    To be fair, the first two cases of Ebola that were "imported" into the US were American aid workers who were tending to Ebola victims in Sierra Leone, and were with Samaritan's Purse at the time. Kent Brantly, one of the aid workers, wrote a book titled "Called For Life," and it really is quite a good read. They landed in Atanta on a plane that had been converted to transport patients who were infected with highly contagious viruses, and he exited the plane wearing a full HAZMAT suit before eventually being taken to a hospital in Atlanta to receive two more doses of an experimental Ebola treatment that ultimately saved his life.
    How big of a container was the experimental Ebola treatment in and what was the worst case scenario that could have occurred had the packaging failed between Atlanta and Sierra Leone?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How big of a container was the experimental Ebola treatment in and what was the worst case scenario that could have occurred had the packaging failed between Atlanta and Sierra Leone?
    The ebola treatment is the same treatment for covid ironically. Duke came up with it, one dose could be transported in an 8 inch by 4 inch by 4 inch box. Worst case scenario for the treatment, or the patient? Nothing for the treatment. The patient may or may not have died, coming off the plane in a hazmat suit that long after being infected was a little silly given the speed of which Ebola infects the host, does its magic, and dies.

That guy wasn't The only one infected with Ebola, it also happen to a USAMRIID researcher, they just observed her in their facility ICU and she was fine. In her case though, given that it was a mild prick by an infected needle her symptoms were relatively mild.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The ebola treatment is the same treatment for covid ironically. Duke came up with it, one dose could be transported in an 8 inch by 4 inch by 4 inch box. Worst case scenario for the treatment, or the patient? Nothing for the treatment. The patient may or may not have died, coming off the plane in a hazmat suit that long after being infected was a little silly given the speed of which Ebola infects the host, does its magic, and dies.

That guy wasn't The only one infected with Ebola, it also happen to a USAMRIID researcher, they just observed her in their facility ICU and she was fine. In her case though, given that it was a mild prick by an infected needle her symptoms were relatively mild.
    I believe an ICU nurse got it too IIRC (down in Texas?). She also survived but they jumped on that right away.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Gonna have to go with bringing the person with the active infection to the treatment instead of taking the treatment to the infected person is a little silly(and in numerous ways) considering the corpse of an Ebola victim is capable of transmitting the disease to people who come in contact with it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Gonna have to go with bringing the person with the active infection to the treatment instead of taking the treatment to the infected person is a little silly(and in numerous ways) considering the corpse of an Ebola victim is capable of transmitting the disease to people who come in contact with it.
    Totally agree. Emory has a neg pressure room in their ICU, and I think (but don't know) CDC has a little ICU like USAMRIID. We can get the med to Atlanta in the time it would have taken to disembark the plane, get to ICU, strip the person, start lines, etc. I think it's not a good idea to travel with Ebola.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I believe an ICU nurse got it too IIRC (down in Texas?). She also survived but they jumped on that right away.
    I seem to recall that as well...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recall them flying that cat with it into the country.

At the time I considered it one of the stupidest, outrageous things I’d ever heard. But wasn’t surprised given the muffin heads in charge.

I’m no longer surprised by muffin heads.

I don’t really remember where the patient flew to, but Texas makes a lot of sense since that is one State the commies would want to take off the table first.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-23-22 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    So maybe this time we suspend international travel and institute quarantine sites rather than lock down entire economies.
    With the Chinese New Year upon us and the Beijing Olympics...

My bet is on politics over public health and safety.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast