Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Undersea Cable Cut in Norway

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Undersea Cable Cut in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Genuine question. What's untrue/wrong about what he said?
    Yes, Russia is saying that they’re conducting training in those locations. Of course they’ll say that. How convenient that the training is scheduled right near the border. Even if that’s genuinely all it is right now, doesn’t mean that they’re not better prepared to launch on a moments notice.

And there’s plenty of open source pictures about all of the stuff. It’s not like everyone is flipping out over a couple of trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-27-22 at 09:22.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yes, Russia is saying that they’re conducting training in those locations. Of course they’ll say that. How convenient that the training is scheduled right near the border. Even if that’s genuinely all it is right now, doesn’t mean that they’re not better prepared to launch on a moments notice.

And there’s plenty of open source pictures about all of the stuff. It’s not like everyone is flipping out over a couple of trucks.

Yeah, fair enough. I agree with that too. But I still think is being blown out of proportion on our end for political and strategic purposes. Russia invading Ukraine is extraordinarily unlikely in my estimation for a variety of legitimate reasons. The most important of which would be the long term destabilization of the entire region and political fallout, which benefits us, but certainly not them. Would Russia love to take over Ukraine? You bet! But if they do so, they'll do it by working internally, the same way we did when we installed Poroshenko, and a number of "democratic" leaders worldwide for that matter. There's nothing new under the sun, and the Ruskies know damn well what benefits them and what doesn't.

The first question to ask when looking at something like this is, Qui Bono, who benefits? Do the Russians really benefit from a military annexation of Ukraine, or will the fallout be worse than any potential gain? What position would it put them in politically after doing something like that? On the other hand, do we benefit from baiting Russia into an aggressive action that can subsequently be used for political and economic leverage? Would a destabilized region benefit us or Russia? Remember, it's not the steak that sells, but rather the sizzle. Perception is reality to most people, and our government is doing a masterful job of selling the perception they've manipulated as reality to us.

I'm 99% certain that this is nothing more than a propaganda ploy. And we (the people) are falling for it. I could be wrong, but it really just doesn't add up for them to attack. Too much to lose.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

East Germany and USSR did that, too, right up against West Germany, and nothing happened. That said, pre-WW2 Germany said the same thing about butting up against France and Poland, then went all honey badger on them.

Feedback Score
    Russia is expanding in Syria and making mutual defense deals, that are going to bring problems.

A week ago I took Putins side in this whole thing. He is reacting exactly as the USA would if China or someone out troops in Mexico. Like the USA did when USSR put troops and missiles in Cuba. But he is spreading his net too far and wide. He needs to be put in his place.
    heat with,
    I still think kicking Russia out of SWIFT is a very dangerous move for the USA. But now a part of me would like to see Putin suffer a little and see how the Germans like the cold with out gas to

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Russia is expanding in Syria and making mutual defense deals, that are going to bring problems.

A week ago I took Putins side in this whole thing. He is reacting exactly as the USA would if China or someone out troops in Mexico. Like the USA did when USSR put troops and missiles in Cuba. But he is spreading his net too far and wide. He needs to be put in his place.
    heat with,
    I still think kicking Russia out of SWIFT is a very dangerous move for the USA. But now a part of me would like to see Putin suffer a little and see how the Germans like the cold with out gas to
    Agreed. A part of all this is posturing on Putin's part because he wants to remind the West that Russia is still a force to be reckoned with, and a nation with several thousand nukes certainly is. But I really think it comes from a place of weakness. A lion doesn't have to tell everyone he's a lion. On the other hand, that kind of posturing works well domestically, cementing his power base. External threats always have the effect of creating solidarity internally.

ETA: Russia has had a foothold in Syria for at least 60 years since at least the 1950s, and is at least partially responsible for the U.S. diplomatic offensive in the other ME countries such as Saudi Arabia in the '60s.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-27-22 at 13:08.

Feedback Score

heat with,
    But when did we control Canada and starve 3 million of them?
    Are we massing troops to invade Mexico?
    Did we take the St. Lawrence Sea Way with Blackwater and Company?

That doesn’t even get into the inherent disparity between a fragile free market democracy versus Russian ironically fascist despot ruled controlled economy.

I’ve never understood these arguments beyond the idea that countries have borders- that is about the only similarity.

And I guess everyone lost their copy of this, or the warranty expired…
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budape...ity_Assurances
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-27-22 at 13:10.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

heat with,
    me too

Feedback Score
    Genuine question. What's untrue/wrong about what he said?
    Did you notice when he replied to this post of yours that he could not refute ANYTHING I said with facts?

He is just another of the clueless.

Even when presented with recent directly quoted statements from senior Ukrainian officials that run counter to his brainwashing - He still insists he is correct yet can present zero evidence to back up any of his assertions.

This guy is proof that some guys really DO believe everything they see on TV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Did you notice when he replied to this post of yours that he could not refute ANYTHING I said with facts?

He is just another of the clueless.

Even when presented with recent directly quoted statements from senior Ukrainian officials that run counter to his brainwashing - He still insists he is correct yet can present zero evidence to back up any of his assertions.

This guy is proof that some guys really DO believe everything they see on TV.
    "It's a lot easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled."

That said, I think he has a valid point regarding the "exercises" being a front for moving troops into the area. Not that I don't understand why the Russians would want to do so confronted with NATO's encroachment on their country and all. They're saber rattling for the same reason a rattlesnake does. "Stay Away or I'll kick your ass!" I do think they're just showing their insecurity though. They certainly want no fight with us. The real question is whether "we" are looking for a fight with them...
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-27-22 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    "It's a lot easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled."

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

They are deleting and twisting the truth on this right now.

Like they do on everything else...

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast