Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hospital sues at will employess attempting to quit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I could look at what the judge did and see it in the light of “Will the adults in the room please keep patient care going and figure something out..” and if they don’t he’ll have to rule against hospital A, or at least make the eventual loss so damaging that senior management at Hospital A culls the idiots behind this.

Everyone in that market has to be looking at Hospital A and wondering WTF.
    Lehto didn't look up the hospital locations, but he did say he assumed they were close and mentioned hospital b saying they could provide care. Searching the names mentioned here:

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/l...for-ascension/

both are in Appleton, WI so if that(and the no contracts and other details) is correct, the only party causing a shortage of patient care is the judge.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-24-22 at 05:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Holy hell. Who knew hospitals had Stop Loss? And they don't even get the extra $1000 a month.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Holy hell. Who knew hospitals had Stop Loss? And they don't even get the extra $1000 a month.
    The Marines got my buddy with Stop Loss back in 03. Held him in long enough to use during the initial Iraq invasion. He was non to happy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I could look at what the judge did and see it in the light of “Will the adults in the room please keep patient care going and figure something out..” and if they don’t he’ll have to rule against hospital A, or at least make the eventual loss so damaging that senior management at Hospital A culls the idiots behind this.

Everyone in that market has to be looking at Hospital A and wondering WTF.
    I was just thinking of the potential recruiting ad that Hospital A could make: It is set to the tune of "Hotel California" and sublimely in the background you hear the verse "You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    They really don't, which is why me and every other healthcare provider and hospital are watching this very closely.

There is often a type of stop-loss if the folks are in an agency that contracts with the hospital, if the person is working in research, etc., but those are usually known at the beginning of employment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If the demands of Hospital A don't force the workers to continue working at Hospital A, and neither does the court order, then isn't that just Hospital A saying "If we can't have you, no one can!"???
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    That's exactly what a noncompete does... but I haven't seen any report or claim that the individuals who changed jobs had agreed to any kind of noncompete.

I'm following this, as it's also in my professional area. Puzzled by the case so far.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The judge seems to have a history that lends credence to the articles being correct.

https://www.wjiinc.org/blog/outagami...ginnis-part-ii

https://www.wjiinc.org/blog/outagami...llows-part-iii
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-24-22 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The judge seems to have a history that lends credence to the articles being correct.

https://www.wjiinc.org/blog/outagami...ginnis-part-ii

https://www.wjiinc.org/blog/outagami...llows-part-iii
    I am out and don't have enough time to get into it, can you BLUF it for us?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I am out and don't have enough time to get into it, can you BLUF it for us?
    According to the blog(although some other sources seem to make the same claims fwiw) the judge sentenced some guy for contempt for a period longer than the law allows and attempted to fine him more than the law allows and the offense was giving the judge dirty looks.

The dirty look giver's charges apparently got completely dismissed also which also might bear a similarity to the hospital slaving case underway in not telling the complaining party to shove off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast