Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hospital sues at will employess attempting to quit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yeah, let this never-ending COVID crap continue (and it will), and even perhaps the latest boogey-man China is covering up over there crosses the pond, and you will see more of this. Personally if I could retire right this minute I would, but unfortunately I've got just over 4 more years until I am eligible to do so (trust me, it'll be prior to age 62).

My wife works at the same facility as I do and they just got a mandatory 4 hours per pay period of OT; yeah, some of you work lots more than that but her and I don't financially have to and therefore only need to be at work for our 80 hours per check.

People are burned out, and there's no end in sight. Some even suggest that the shit-show of the last two years is the "new norm". Yipee. Hospitals are getting desperate.

People bitch all the time about the health care they receive. Think you have something to complain about now? LOL just wait a couple years.
    The term health care is very Orwellian... its a system made of policies to milk insurance. The system doesn' t care about you. Only about the policy, procedures, and profits.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The term health care is very Orwellian... its a system made of policies to milk insurance. The system doesn' t care about you. Only about the policy, procedures, and profits.
    True, but when put in a bind (usually involving staffing issues) they will play the "...but the patient card". I always suggest that those in administration making the decisions---and the big bucks---get their asses in a set of scrubs and get on in there when faced with staffing issues. But we all know that'll never happen. They're too good to be privates out in the trenches but will certainly not hesitate to lecture YOU about "the patient ".

Yeah, a lot like the military.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hospital B response. Not that any excuse from Hospital A could justify what they wanted, but this goes in to just how much BS they are spewing.

Hope a similar one comes out concerning the judge.

https://www.wpr.org/sites/default/fi...briefjan24.pdf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    How true.
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Hospital B response. Not that any excuse from Hospital A could justify what they wanted, but this goes in to just how much BS they are spewing.

Hope a similar one comes out concerning the judge.

https://www.wpr.org/sites/default/fi...briefjan24.pdf
    That response is awesome. Glad they have the balls to write it the way they did

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I've read quite a few legal brief's and arguments, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. It was sassy and pointed.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I've read quite a few legal brief's and arguments, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. It was sassy and pointed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Noncompetes usually are upheld for physicians and some other professionals (accountants, actuaries) with the justification that they prevent individuals from taking clients that "belong" to the employer. Depending on the state, the noncompete has to have a reasonable time (not years and years) and distance (not the whole USA or world).

But I haven't read that these people had ANY noncompete clause at all.
    Thats a non solicitation, not a non compete. Much more widely enforceable than a non compete even in CA where non competes are as effective as half ply TP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The judge lifted the order Monday. The counter was well written and spelled out the failing of management.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    Treat folks poorly, they vote with their feet. Simple as that.

My wife has a friend who is a cardiac nurse. For many years she traveled around doing contract work while a hospital recruited permanent staff. She said it was usually pretty obvious why they were having difficulty.

She was willing to put up with it cause she was getting paid REALLY well and got to explore the country on other people's dime.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast