Thread: Springfield Ronin 1911 9mm Full Size. Shooting Diary and Table Top Review. (Video)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Springfield Ronin 1911 9mm Full Size. Shooting Diary and Table Top Review. (Video)

Hey guys,

I have added a 9mm 1911 to my shooting rotation. Up until covid times I used to shoot my .45 1911 all the time but the skyrocketing price of ammo has led me to pick up another 9mm 1911 to "SAVE MONEY" LOL.

Anyway, I am right at 900 rounds and I have put together some thoughts.

1. Totally reliable. Springfield seems to have cracked the code on 9mm 1911s. The gun not only seems to feed and eject perfectly, it seems to feed duty ammo reliably.

2. The QC on this is top notch. No question the fitting of the beavertail, extractor, safety and trigger flat blows Colt out of the water.

3. I hate the stupid 6 O'Clock hold. It basically hits about 3 inches high (from the center of the dot). I really need to fi this but all I typically do is shoot steel.

I will be shooting this along with my APX and Beretta 92 and I will keep you posted if there is anything weird. Also, I don't plan on cleaning this gun except when it starts to malfunction. This is a range gun so I am going to be lazy. All it will get is a spray and wipe down at the end of the session.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Watching with interest. Considering the 3" 9mm as an update to my current 3" .45 carry gun. Wouldn't mind a 5" 9mm either.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great timing! I just picked up a 5" 9mm Ronin myself. I just finished fitting a Harrison ignition kit and thumb safety because I had them sitting around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Now sell me the Seamaster so you can afford to buy ammo and keep that gun.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.