Thread: Advantages of Laugo Alien transfer to non-gas-delayed gun?

Feedback Score

Advantages of Laugo Alien transfer to non-gas-delayed gun?

Let me just say I love my P7 and I believe in gas delayed systems and I think that the Alien is a super cool gun. But it seems like it can't get away from the three issues of gas delayed guns- price, snappiness, and heat.

Like I said, I love my P7, but it is pretty snappy for a heavy 9mm. From the reviews I've seen, the Alien- even though it has the low bore axis and shoots great- is still 'snappy'. I thought that it was interesting that the spring set up isn't more complex to keep the slide from hitting to the rear.

I also see reports that it doesn't heat up like a P7, but it still has some issues with heat build up- which is totally understandable.

And lastly, they ain't cheap, I assume because it is special, but the gas delayed blow back system I though required tolerances that make it inherently more expensive.

Looking at the gun as it is torn down, why couldn't you keep the low bore axis- which I think is the real advantage, but with a more common recoil spring, tilting barrel, and old school mass for recoil?

Low bore axis, ease of changing sighting system, non recip sight system are not exclusive to a gas blow back system is it?

Seems like something CZ would come out with.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Let me just say I love my P7 and I believe in gas delayed systems and I think that the Alien is a super cool gun. But it seems like it can't get away from the three issues of gas delayed guns- price, snappiness, and heat.

Like I said, I love my P7, but it is pretty snappy for a heavy 9mm. From the reviews I've seen, the Alien- even though it has the low bore axis and shoots great- is still 'snappy'. I thought that it was interesting that the spring set up isn't more complex to keep the slide from hitting to the rear.

I also see reports that it doesn't heat up like a P7, but it still has some issues with heat build up- which is totally understandable.

And lastly, they ain't cheap, I assume because it is special, but the gas delayed blow back system I though required tolerances that make it inherently more expensive.

Looking at the gun as it is torn down, why couldn't you keep the low bore axis- which I think is the real advantage, but with a more common recoil spring, tilting barrel, and old school mass for recoil?

Low bore axis, ease of changing sighting system, non recip sight system are not exclusive to a gas blow back system is it?

Seems like something CZ would come out with.

Walther CCP has a gas delayed blow back system and is fairly cheap. I didn't do a bunch of mag dumps with mine so never experienced the heat issue, but have seen a review or 2 that it can and will get warm if you dump enough rounds through it, but not burning skin hot.

It was 100% reliable with jacketed bullets, but would fail with in a few mags with powder coated cast lead(fouled the piston and cylinder till it was tight) so I ended up trading it. From what I have read from casters of the waxy liberal only area, the P7 didn't play well with cast either.

Feedback Score
    Interesting on the CCP. I’m surprised that the delayed blow back isn’t more popular because of the fixed barrel and suppressors.

Interesting that the Laugo isn’t left-hand friendly. With the bore as low as it is, the ejection port is where a left handed hold wants to go, at least for Ian of Forgotten Weapons fame says.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.