Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The world's greatest bolt gun turns 10 years old.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We did! Didn't have our normal ranch truck with the ammo tool box in the bed. So the lightest load we had was 69 gr which shot over 3MOA.
    That isnt good...I know yall had a great time tho...due to work and other things its been awhile since Ive pulled a trigger. Sucks.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    That isnt good...I know yall had a great time tho...due to work and other things its been awhile since Ive pulled a trigger. Sucks.
    Yep. There's a bag of ammo dedicated to that gun in the Ranch Truck. We also forgot the good 6.5 CM (lapua brass) ammo, and the wind was ripping.. So I was irritated as f*@K for a good part of the shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Here she is

I saw this box of 60 grain Vmax ammo in the vault and thought Perfect for the 788, look closely, I didn't

Bought that to test out my Bulgarian AK74, shot good out off that gun, LOL
    I sprayed the 69 grainers all over the place, it was ugly.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-01-22 at 16:20.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Here she is

I saw this box of 60 grain Vmax ammo in the vault and thought Perfect for the 788, look closely, I didn't

Bought that to test out my Bulgarian AK74, shot good out off that gun, LOL
    I sprayed the 69 grainers all over the place, it was ugly.

PB
    Thanks for the pics and report fellas...you know most of us here would give eye teeth to join yall on a shoot sometime..I know I would.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Come on down or over and let’s shoot. Or if your ever in AZ. No eye teeth needed, we just like to send it.

PB

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have a R700 in 223 that also shoots lights out and I love it. I grew up in Sierra Vista and now live in Michigan, so I am very jealous of you guys!!
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I have a NIB, unfired A3G. I’ve been far too busy in life to take the time and stretch it’s legs.

I also bought an SPR action - should have bought two or three.

I initially thought/was told that FN would barrel that action for me but when I spoke to them they said it would be too labor intensive for them at that time.

I’ll get Mike Rock to put a 17-4 PH stainless steel barrel with a 1/10 twist (if he can locate the steel) or perhaps get a Carbon-fiber PROOF twisted on it. Not sure and my life circumstances are such that I am not in a position to do a lot of long range Precision shooting/training so maybe I’ll do nothing.

I adore the FN rifles and should have purchased a basic one after the A3G. I kick myself everything I look at it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mjoinir, did you ever get out and bang on that A3G? You made everyone jelly on that post.

The only thing that sucks with buying new guns is putting all the shit on them, Glass-Bipod-Level-Bedding job-Unicorn juice......

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I keep telling myself I don't really need a .223 bolt action, but I know it's going to happen sooner or later. It just seems like it would be too much fun.
    They really are worth owning. I have a Ruger Compact American Rifle and a CZ 527 Varmint. Both are very enjoyable to shoot and shoot well, the Ruger better than it should with its floppy stock and 2-7x scope (I have less than $500 in the whole package).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-26-22 at 06:55.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234