Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The world's greatest bolt gun turns 10 years old.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That rifle has been amazing as well. CL barrel that shoot sub moa. We had some 168 ELD's that shot a ragged hole a few weeks back. Its a 1/12 twist but still shoots the heavies just fine. I have nothing to say bad about that CL gun that should go 10,000 rounds.

Mjoiner, I'm shocked they didnt sell more of those rifles for DMR rifles to our boys, makes no sense

PB
    I have a NIB, unfired A3G. I’ve been far too busy in life to take the time and stretch it’s legs.

I also bought an SPR action - should have bought two or three.

I initially thought/was told that FN would barrel that action for me but when I spoke to them they said it would be too labor intensive for them at that time.

I’ll get Mike Rock to put a 17-4 PH stainless steel barrel with a 1/10 twist (if he can locate the steel) or perhaps get a Carbon-fiber PROOF twisted on it. Not sure and my life circumstances are such that I am not in a position to do a lot of long range Precision shooting/training so maybe I’ll do nothing.

I adore the FN rifles and should have purchased a basic one after the A3G. I kick myself everything I look at it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    How are your FN SPR rifles working for you?

For the life of me, I wish FN would have continued with that rifle…

When I went out with them a couple years ago I saw Markm make a few hits on a target at 1300ish yards with that rifle shooting (I believe) 175 SMK. It's an amazing rifle. The reason I had my APR built was because of that rifle, and I couldn't find a FN for sale anywhere.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mijoir, you have got the ultimate stash. Post a pic of that FN goodness. Their actions are highly sought after, as you know. Well done.

PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The world's greatest bolt gun turns 10 years old.

Mijoir, you have got the ultimate stash. Post a pic of that FN goodness. Their actions are highly sought after, as you know. Well done.

PB
    Will do. I’ll have to drag them out of the safe. The photos I did have I’ve deleted but they were six years old.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PB- gettin any trigger time on that old M788?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    PB- gettin any trigger time on that old M788?
    Now he's going to have to find it and bring it out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I keep telling myself I don't really need a .223 bolt action, but I know it's going to happen sooner or later. It just seems like it would be too much fun.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    SS, we will take it out Sunday in your honor.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I keep telling myself I don't really need a .223 bolt action, but I know it's going to happen sooner or later. It just seems like it would be too much fun.
    I'd argue that MOST people ONLY need a .223 bolt gun. I always chuckle when guys ask what gun to buy and they say they can only shoot to 400 yards in their area.... yet they think they need a 7.62 or a 6.5cm, etc. WTF? Save a fortune on ammo and run a .223 that will get you to 1000 yards easy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SS, we will take it out Sunday in your honor.

PB
    AWESOME PB..thanks. If yall could get some pics, that would really be great.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast