Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben & Jerry's Go Woke Go Broke

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You mean I can pay almost $5 for a single pint of ice cream and give money to woke idiots at the same time. Sign me up. /Sarc

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    A question and two statements;

1) Did Fox News not cover this last year?

2) We have some rather strong feelings about whether a company should sell ice-cream in a foreign country that most of us will never see.

3) Ben and Jerry’s ice cream is sold on US military installations in Africa and the Middle East, so Unilever must not be all that concerned about whatever it is that bothers them.

FWIW, I haven’t bought their stuff since I heard about this last year, because if I suddenly decided that I want to hear a boutique ****ing ice cream company’s opinion about literally anything, I’d rinse my brains out with a .380.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’d rinse my brains out with a .380.
    Not much of a threat. Did you miss the post where it was determined that .380 can't even penetrate though bad breath?
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm wayyyyy more stunned that they are valued at over 26 BILLION from selling ice cream?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm wayyyyy more stunned that they are valued at over 26 BILLION from selling ice cream?
    Because it’s not true. THe number I saw was that $325 million in stock was sold because of the issue. On a market cap of $132Billion. If you look back at the volume of shares traded back in July when this actually hit the news, there is no huge surge in volume. B&Js sales are just under $1B, or 2% of Unilever’s 2021 revenue.

Unilever has had issues for a long time, and B&J’s is one of many. Not saying that it didn’t have any effect, but it wasn’t 1/6 of the company value.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/...he-open-today/

An example of the strategic issues.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Because it’s not true. THe number I saw was that $325 million in stock was sold because of the issue. On a market cap of $132Billion. If you look back at the volume of shares traded back in July when this actually hit the news, there is no huge surge in volume. B&Js sales are just under $1B, or 2% of Unilever’s 2021 revenue.

Unilever has had issues for a long time, and B&J’s is one of many. Not saying that it didn’t have any effect, but it wasn’t 1/6 of the company value.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/...he-open-today/

An example of the strategic issues.
    That sounds a whole lot more reasonable.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    First of all, their ice cream sucks. I tried it many years ago before I found out they were America hating commies. Second, F them. And the horse they rode in on.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    next up investor suits! Only job of a company registered is mandated by law that is to bring shareholder wealth. Doing this bs does the opposite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12