Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Jose to require gun insurance if you own a firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

San Jose to require gun insurance if you own a firearm.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...064840915.html

Law has been passed to require the purchase of liability insurance if you own a firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I saw a click bait article about this but didn't open it. Can you imagine the profitability on gun insurance. The number of guns vs. the statistically microscopic number of injuries???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I saw a click bait article about this but didn't open it. Can you imagine the profitability on gun insurance. The number of guns vs. the statistically microscopic number of injuries???
    A select few will make a pretty penny for sure. And by select few I am speaking of the ones collecting the premiums, not the ones that receive the payouts from a suit…..
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-26-22 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't this the equivalent of a poll tax? Fees and insurance to execute a constitutional freedom. The article I originally read said that the fees would only be imposed on those financially able to pay. If you are poor, no fees. I guess that means no charges for not paying the fees whenever they bust a gangbanger that doesn't have a legit source of income. The way I am reading it is this is only going to be enforced on legal/law abiding gunowners.

ETA: This is coming from the same groups of people that say requiring ID to vote is wrong. The actual "right to vote" isn't even a constitutional right like the 2A. This is undeniable since the dems have actually proposed legislation (Jessie Jackson Jr.) seeking to amend the constitution. For proof I submit a democrat website (see below) stating there is no constitutional "right to vote" but that it only provides for nondiscrimination in voting on the basis of race, sex, and age in the 16th, 19th, and 26th amendments. If the "right to vote" was already constitutional, dems wouldn't have pushed for it to be added to the constitution.

http://archive.democrats.com/view.cfm?id=12581
    Last edited by john armond; 01-26-22 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    What a country we have. Little tyrants can enact a law that is clearly unconstitutional and severely burdensome to only the law abiding, and yet the only way to fight it is to have millions of dollars wrapped up in attorney fees over a decade span in the hopes that the supreme court (whatever flavor they represent at the time) sides with you.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    Isn't this the equivalent of a poll tax? Fees and insurance to execute a constitutional freedom. The article I originally read said that the fees would only be imposed on those financially able to pay. If you are poor, no fees. I guess that means no charges for not paying the fees whenever they bust a gangbanger that doesn't have a legit source of income. The way I am reading it is this is only going to be enforced on legal/law abiding gunowners.
    Yes it's al kinds of unconstitutional, but that's never mattered much to petty tyrants.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    double tap
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I'm sure this will be the key to stopping gun violence.

"I'd open the trunk on dat mo-fo, scept it wud jack my insurance"
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    A select few will make a pretty penny for sure. And by select few I am speaking of the ones collecting the premiums, not the ones that receive the payouts from a suit…..
    Absolutely. Statistically, firearms are one of the safer items to own. This is clearly just more bureaucratic obstacles for gun owners, and has nothing to do with what's right.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I can't wait for All State to save California from mayhem now..
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast