Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aimpoint Duty RDS micro red dot

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Same footprint but the sight body is taller so the optical centerline will be higher. Trex arms has detailed info on it.

Feedback Score
    Forged housing is pretty big deal coming from Aimpoint...

Feedback Score
    Something I just noticed on the Aimpoint international website is that the Duty RDS is claiming light transmission >85% (greater than sign being a part of Aimpoint's spec). This is a pretty big bump, given that the older optics, such as the ACRO P-2, Micro T-2, CompM5 series, and CompM4 series are all rated for 70%, with the older budget optics, such as the Micro H-2 or the PRO, is rated for 60%.

That being said, upon further review, the >85% light transmission claim only goes as low as 620nm, which is a shorter wavelength red. The duty-oriented optics are all 70% all the way to 900nm, while the budget-y ones are 60% to 700nm. Might mean that the Duty RDS performs less well with active IR illumination, but the spec sheet would suggest that it would do fine with ambient lighting (à la UH-1 Gen2).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-24-22 at 21:45.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I was using a dept issued rifle (DTI...no shit) with an Aimpoint PRO on it. I turned in the DTI and use my BCM now. I picked up a Duty RDS and I swear this thing is magic! As mentioned above, it works amazingly well with my astigmatism and the glass is very clear.

I did speak with a guy at Aimpoint and brought up the adjusments only being made with Torx head bits and he replied, " We made them that way because we know cops will be using them." I laughed at this because I know what he meant by it.

Anyway, I sighted mine in at 100y and the thing is deadnuts on. My 3 shot groups are one ragged hole.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainte View Post
    " We made them that way because we know cops will be using them."
    That's funny.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    ya we chuckled about it for a bit.

The only downside I have with the optic right now is lack of QD mounts for it but, I know that will come eventually so it isn't anything to really worry about.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234