Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Duty RDS micro red dot

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was told that the AR coating is the key. After speaking with another company they assured me that the reduction is possible with more of the coating. The rep I spoke with told me that he had personally seen an MRO clone optic from China that reduced almost all of the “burst”from the dot. But the downside was it had a very green hue. He is a good friend and I truly believe him. If I could find an optic that did away with complete astigmatism issues, I would gladly take a green hue.

The Duty RDS isn’t perfect for it, but it helps a lot with my eyes.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    ... If I could find an optic that did away with complete astigmatism issues, I would gladly take a green hue.
    I don't know how you feel about Primary Arms optics but their new SLX Micro Prism is supposed to take care of that. It looks intriguing.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I will order one!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I don't know how you feel about Primary Arms optics but their new SLX Micro Prism is supposed to take care of that. It looks intriguing.
    Word of caution. I had two micro prisms and both f*cked with my eyes. There was a very noticeable negative magnification effect with both. So much so it was difficult to target focus. Being an ACOG guy I have no issues with low magnification but that negative magnification is bonkers. That issue might have been rectified but I'm not the only one who has experienced it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Now THAT is most interesting. If Aimpoint has come up with a way to reduce the Astig issues lots of older shooters encouter, this is a huge deal.
    I have the same issue. Any RDS I had used always looked like a diving whale or big fat comma.

I got to handle one of the new Duty sights on Tuesday. That was the first thing I noticed - "Hey, this is actually a dot!"

Then I took my glasses off, and tried it with just my right eye with no corrective lens. That is the eye with the worst issues.

Still a clear red dot, beautifully round.

It has the same mount footprint as the H1/H2/T1/T2. I am a big fan of shotguns, and am going to try one on my testbed 870 SBS. I have another SBS that's getting my old P-1. I snagged a loaner 1301 that will get one as well.

But I really like this thing a lot, just from the initial handling/analysis I did.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    CharlieDeltaJuliet - thanks for the hands-on review - much appreciated.

Something that always makes me a little bonkers is when people issue pronouncements on gear they have never even seen in person, much less handled. Thanks for your honest review.

And I love those laser tags you make, by the way!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    I have astigmatisms in both eyes and red knots usually look like a cluster of grapes. The RDS is the clearest red dot I have used for this.
    I have astigmatisms also but I can't say I can see a difference between this and a CompM4s...

Keep in mind, everyone's eyes are different and it's very subjective to what one can see versus the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's for sure. I had a Aimpoint Pro that was anything but a dot for me. Since I was new to RDS I thought this was true for all red dots. But no, when I tried an Aimpoint Comp M4 it's dot was a dot! Presently I have the Comp M4 and a SIG Romeo 4T, both good for my eyes with the Aimpoint being ever so slightly better.

Feedback Score
    I think I can see the face of jesus...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast