Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Duty RDS micro red dot

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Has this sight not hit the main streets yet?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Has this sight not hit the main streets yet?
    Civvy's in April was what they said at SHOT
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Why do I have a feeling this civilian launch will go about as well as the ACRO P2? I plan on picking up 2 of the duty RDS, and I'm still waiting to find a P2.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Civvy's in April was what they said at SHOT
    Thanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Why do I have a feeling this civilian launch will go about as well as the ACRO P2? I plan on picking up 2 of the duty RDS, and I'm still waiting to find a P2.
    You realize the only difference between a C2 and P2 is submersion rating and 2 more NV settings.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You realize the only difference between a C2 and P2 is submersion rating and 2 more NV settings.
    I didn't even know the C2 existed. It looks like the C2 also has 2 more day light settings. Either way, I can't find much on it other than Aimpoint's site (not their store), and I don't even see any listings for them anywhere. I'd be perfectly fine with the C2 if I could find one of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Except Aimpoint USA decided not to bring in the C-2...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I didn't even know the C2 existed. It looks like the C2 also has 2 more day light settings. Either way, I can't find much on it other than Aimpoint's site (not their store), and I don't even see any listings for them anywhere. I'd be perfectly fine with the C2 if I could find one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Except Aimpoint USA decided not to bring in the C-2...
    That's too bad. It is available from optics trade.eu. I am very happy with my C2.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought one today at Kenzie’s Optics (local to me.) It seems essentially like a T/H2 with push buttons. After shooting with it I prefer the buttons because I can reach them with my left hand while keeping the gun on target and not breaking my strong hand grip. The buttons are positive and easy to use, not mushy or stiff.

It turns on with a push of either button to setting 7 which is daylight bright but not blinding in the dark. Full brightness seems perhaps brighter than my H2. Same zero detectable parallax as well.

The mount is okay but the “just snug plus a quarter turn” seems a bit weak. I’ll probably pull it and add loctite later. I’m used to the higher torque of something like a DD micro mount so this seems like it’s not tight enough but I guess Aimpoint tested it as ok.

Pretty boring, just a less expensive micro with push buttons. If the mount holds I’m happy with it.

Max brightness.

Setting 7.

Last edited by grizzlyblake; 05-18-22 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does it use proprietary mount or share same footprint as T1/T2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast