Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Duty RDS micro red dot

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Same footprint but the sight body is taller so the optical centerline will be higher. Trex arms has detailed info on it.

Feedback Score
    Forged housing is pretty big deal coming from Aimpoint...

Feedback Score
    Something I just noticed on the Aimpoint international website is that the Duty RDS is claiming light transmission >85% (greater than sign being a part of Aimpoint's spec). This is a pretty big bump, given that the older optics, such as the ACRO P-2, Micro T-2, CompM5 series, and CompM4 series are all rated for 70%, with the older budget optics, such as the Micro H-2 or the PRO, is rated for 60%.

That being said, upon further review, the >85% light transmission claim only goes as low as 620nm, which is a shorter wavelength red. The duty-oriented optics are all 70% all the way to 900nm, while the budget-y ones are 60% to 700nm. Might mean that the Duty RDS performs less well with active IR illumination, but the spec sheet would suggest that it would do fine with ambient lighting (à la UH-1 Gen2).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-24-22 at 21:45.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I was using a dept issued rifle (DTI...no shit) with an Aimpoint PRO on it. I turned in the DTI and use my BCM now. I picked up a Duty RDS and I swear this thing is magic! As mentioned above, it works amazingly well with my astigmatism and the glass is very clear.

I did speak with a guy at Aimpoint and brought up the adjusments only being made with Torx head bits and he replied, " We made them that way because we know cops will be using them." I laughed at this because I know what he meant by it.

Anyway, I sighted mine in at 100y and the thing is deadnuts on. My 3 shot groups are one ragged hole.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainte View Post
    " We made them that way because we know cops will be using them."
    That's funny.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    ya we chuckled about it for a bit.

The only downside I have with the optic right now is lack of QD mounts for it but, I know that will come eventually so it isn't anything to really worry about.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This optic appears to be an interesting budget alternative for someone looking to avoid Chinese-made equipment. Though, admittedly, it lacks many of the features now found in Holosuns. I find it puzzling that there are so few reviews of the Duty RDS. Too boring? It's been out a few months now. Can anyone else with some time using this optic share their opinions?
    Last edited by FSTRN; 07-11-22 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTRN View Post
    I find it puzzling that there are so few reviews of the Duty RDS. Too boring? It's been out a few months now. Can anyone else with some time using this optic share their opinions?
    I like them. Boring functionality, not a whole lot to say. I'm sure someone can do a 20 minute youtube video on it though.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Copy.

What I have in mind is an Aimpoint Pro without the bulk/weight, 15 year-old technology, and weird proprietary battery. Would you say that about sums up the Duty RDS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTRN View Post
    Copy. What I have in mind is an Aimpoint Pro without the bulk/weight, 15 year-old technology, and weird proprietary battery. Would you say that about sums up the Duty RDS?
    What I have in mind is a budget-friendly T2, mature and vetted technology from a trustworthy manufacturer. Battery is a 2032, same as in a bunch of my other stuff including the key fob of the car that drove me to the place I'm using the optic.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast