Thread: We've seen the new Illinois Concealed Carry License and there is a problem.

Feedback Score

We've seen the new Illinois Concealed Carry License and there is a problem.

The Illinois State Police have merged the Illinois Firearm Owner Identification Card and Concealed Carry License into one card, but there are some problems.

First, the expiration date has been removed. I predict a deluge of people forgetting to renew their licenses.

Second, I predict some arrests because the new concealed carry license says in big red bold letter: “CAUTION: This card does not permit the bearer to UNLAWFULLY carry or use firearms."

https://www.alphakoncepts.com/blog/t...has-a-problem/
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The new card without expiration date is allegedly supposed to renew automatically. Time will tell.

If you present a card with no expiration date, the person at the gun shop is supposed to verify the FOID/CCL is valid by telephone or computer before selling you ammunition. I think this is being done to track ammunition sales.

IMHO, the ISRA threw us under the bus when they helped draft this legislation. My ISRA membership was up for renewal in July of 2021, I refused to renew and made them aware of why I did not renew.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The new card without expiration date is allegedly supposed to renew automatically. Time will tell.

If you present a card with no expiration date, the person at the gun shop is supposed to verify the FOID/CCL is valid by telephone or computer before selling you ammunition. I think this is being done to track ammunition sales.

IMHO, the ISRA threw us under the bus when they helped draft this legislation. My ISRA membership was up for renewal in July of 2021, I refused to renew and made them aware of why I did not renew.
    Absolutely a backdoor registration. I had no idea the ISRA was involved. That's either negligence or outright betrayal, but either way not encouraging.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post

The automatic renewals won't go into effect until 2024 IIRC, and likely shall be tied to firearm purchases. https://www.alphakoncepts.com/blog/i...n-law-changes/

The food verification is exactly the same as the person to person verification at the ispfsb website.

Yes the ISRA threw us under the bus, again. This isn't the first time. That's why I am moving my defensive pistol classes from the ISRA range to the ASC range even though ASC is going to cost more. To make things worse, they doubled down and defended the bill even after the fact refusing to accept responsibility for their mistake. They said "We're advocates not activists" LOL
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hopefully the unconstitutional Illinois FOID requirement will go away

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...he-foid-n51878

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Hopefully the unconstitutional Illinois FOID requirement will go away

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...he-foid-n51878
    Hopefully one day the FOID will be found unconstitutional, but it is unlikely the Vivian Brown case is going to do it.

This case has been ping-ponging through the courts for a few years now. The arguments made in this case are specific to owning a firearm in the home. Therefore even if The ISRA lawers do win for Ms Brown, it will be only one step towards voiding the FOID and likely won't outright void it entirely.

Hopefully I am wrong.
    -Thomas