Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Steiner MPS

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I'm currently at work, on duty, and I just checked my MPS and it's dead...mid shift. Was working just fine yesterday. I'm starting to get fed up with this shit. Already put a help desk ticket into Steiner.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm currently at work, on duty, and I just checked my MPS and it's dead...mid shift. Was working just fine yesterday. I'm starting to get fed up with this shit. Already put a help desk ticket into Steiner.
    Round count on it?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    It was just a dead battery. I couldn’t believe it because I had changed three batteries in three months.

I talked to my Steiner rep, he’s a great dude. He said The following are rough battery life’s for constant on:

Full power 14 days
    Second to full 30 days

The MPS is only visible during daytime in those two modes.

My round count on this current Steiner is probably 7 to 10k.

If there’s an MPS version 3 in the works, I’d absolutely give it a shot. But v1 and v2 have some quirks that really piss me off. I’m now hunting for a P2, which I hear also has it’s own issues.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It was just a dead battery. I couldn’t believe it because I had changed three batteries in three months.

I talked to my Steiner rep, he’s a great dude. He said The following are rough battery life’s for constant on:

Full power 14 days
    Second to full 30 days

The MPS is only visible during daytime in those two modes.
    So it's basically Aimpoint P-1 like for battery life...

What a joke.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    So it's basically Aimpoint P-1 like for battery life...

What a joke.
    Ya, I think it’s a really robust P1 with a terrible battery cap and weird euro battery.

Feedback Score
    Ya, I think it’s a really robust P1 with a terrible battery cap and weird euro battery.
    Thanks for your impressions of this, I appreciate the feedback overtime
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No problem. Let me know if any questions come up.
    LSHD, this may not be in your lane? but you seem to be familiar with the MPS, HK make a plate for the VP9 OR and it is cut for the ACRO P1, while I understand your experience is with the Glock MOS, does the MPS fit any ACRO cut mount regardless if it's for a P1 or C2 etc? Thanks in advance.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    LSHD, this may not be in your lane? but you seem to be familiar with the MPS, HK make a plate for the VP9 OR and it is cut for the ACRO P1, while I understand your experience is with the Glock MOS, does the MPS fit any ACRO cut mount regardless if it's for a P1 or C2 etc? Thanks in advance.
    P1/P2/C1/C2 all share the same mount/footprint.

Feedback Score
    Alright first real report from my experience with the Steiner. I have it mounted on a Glock 45 MOS with the FCD plate and a Streamlight TLR-7. I’ve had it since September and it has been in constant on mode on either the brightest or second brightest setting. When I came back to work this morning the dot was blinking. Replaced the battery and it’s good to go. I got a little over 3 months (14 weeks to be exact), before a battery change. I have over 1,500 rounds through it and it has been through a red dot class. It’s seen rain and freezing temperatures.

I like the clarity of the glass and the large window size. No fitment issues with the mount. Everything has been rock solid. It seems to be a little more sensitive to limp wristing while doing one handed shooting (stove pipes). Glock’s in general seem to be more prone to limp wristing malfunctions but I think with the added weight of the optic it magnifies it slightly. No other issues so far.

I have a P-2 waiting for my Glock 17 slide to come back from getting milled. Comparing the two, the glass clarity appears about the same with the window on the MPS being drastically larger.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456