Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Steiner MPS

Feedback Score
    While the auto-shutoff can be disabled, disabling that function also means you can no longer access the brightest setting. You would have to re-enable the auto-shutoff feature to be able to get it back.
    After talking with the product manager the full brightness setting is intentionally disabled to not drain the battery excessively when the auto off is disabled.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For anyone else considering this optic, I have an MPS mounted on my Brownells Acro cut G34 slide and there is a gap in the front of the optic. This gap is still present with the MOS slides, but the MOS plate fills in the gap. With an Acro P2 installed, there is still a gap, but it is much smaller and barely noticeable. Overall, the P2 design sits a couple of mm longer than the MPS.

Last edited by paperchasin; 04-05-22 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paperchasin View Post
    For anyone else considering this optic, I have an MPS mounted on my Brownells Acro cut G34 slide and there is a gap in the front of the optic. This gap is still present with the MOS slides, but the MOS plate fills in the gap. With an Acro P2 installed, there is still a gap, but it is much smaller and barely noticeable. Overall, the P2 design sits a couple of mm longer than the MPS.

Which of the two optics do you prefer?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Which of the two optics do you prefer?
    Both are great optics. Just my opinion:

Steiner MPS------- Pros- Cheaper, larger window, sits a tad lower on the slide Cons- Design and battery life and uses CR1632 batteries (which I don't normally use)
    Aimpoint Acro P2-- Pros- battery life, design Cons- Cost, smaller window, availability (at the time of this post)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apologies if this has been mentioned. I scanned through and didn't see it.

Deactivating the auto-off cancels the max brightness setting. I think it isn't too big a deal but it is something to be aware of. If the user needs maximum brightness he'll have to leave the 13 hour timer active and just remember to bump the brightness down and back up every time he takes a whiz or something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Just received my non-shutoff model from Steiner that I purchased last month. I haven't had time to get to the range to mount and zero it, but I am excited to not have to remember to turn it on every day!
    Does this version have all brightness settings active?

Any chance you have a part number for this optic?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I turned mine into a poor man's Wilcox BOSS with an old pre Steiner LDI DBAL-I2 and the bolt on fast fire mount and the fast fire to acro adapter that comes with it. Optic is roughly equal to about 1.8" or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Which height sights are you running? I’m just curious if it possible to run lower sights due to the way the MPS sits on the FCD plate. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Many thousands of rounds on the MPS V2 and it has been on constant on at 2nd highest setting since I got it on 3/25. Started flashing today indicating low battery. 3/25-6/17 is not a very great battery life. Kind of ACRO V1 territory.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Many thousands of rounds on the MPS V2 and it has been on constant on at 2nd highest setting since I got it on 3/25. Started flashing today indicating low battery. 3/25-6/17 is not a very great battery life. Kind of ACRO V1 territory.
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like the thing to do is change batteries on the 1st of every even month (or similar routine). I'm curious if you changed it out right away or ran to it croaked and if so how long did it take?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast