Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner MPS

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have decided I need a closed emitter RDS on my pistol. Have you used an Aimpoint ACRO? I am wondering how it compares to the MPS.

Do you have a preference between the Safariland 6354 DO and Safariland 6390 RDS holsters for optic gun?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have decided I need a closed emitter RDS on my pistol. Have you used an Aimpoint ACRO? I am wondering how it compares to the MPS.

Do you have a preference between the Safariland 6354 DO and Safariland 6390 RDS holsters for optic gun?
    The 6354 was purchased simply because it was cheap and I was piecing together a new multicam belt rig lol. The 6390, and from the sounds of it the 73XX series, are far superior IMO in regards to fit, finish, and light/optic compatibility.

I took a Glock Armorer course last month and the instructor passed around his G45/Acro P1. I thought it was very similar, albeit a little more aesthetically pleasing, to the MPS. I would very much like a G19 w/ACRO P2 in the future.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    The 6354 was purchased simply because it was cheap and I was piecing together a new multicam belt rig lol. The 6390, and from the sounds of it the 73XX series, are far superior IMO in regards to fit, finish, and light/optic compatibility.

I took a Glock Armorer course last month and the instructor passed around his G45/Acro P1. I thought it was very similar, albeit a little more aesthetically pleasing, to the MPS. I would very much like a G19 w/ACRO P2 in the future.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I finally bought a MPS after giving up on Aimpoint's constant delays on the ACRO P2, it should be here any day. The Insta-Gunners have P2s in their hands but my dealer keeps getting their delivery timeline pushed back.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I finally bought a MPS after giving up on Aimpoint's constant delays on the ACRO P2, it should be here any day. The Insta-Gunners have P2s in their hands but my dealer keeps getting their delivery timeline pushed back.
    Funny how that works, right?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was looking at one of the Steiner RDS units on DSGarms site, and the reviews were not so great. Not sure the exact model, but it was a rifle size RDS. Might have been model specific, but the unit didn't work very good, and customer service was BAD.

There's a few related to a reflex battle sight.. not sure how it's lineage ties to the above sight, but this was one of a few luke warm experiences with Steiner.

This sight is almost completely useless in bright sunlight. Steiner customer service just responded that this sight is primarily for indoor or night vision use and not intended for use under daylight conditions. Do not purchase for outdoor use!
    Last edited by markm; 02-10-22 at 13:51.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I'm all for more enclosed emitter optics for pistols. Hopefully this turns out to be another solid option.

I personally went with the 509T coupled with a CHPWS plate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was looking at one of the Steiner RDS units on DSGarms site, and the reviews were not so great. Not sure the exact model, but it was a rifle size RDS. Might have been model specific, but the unit didn't work very good, and customer service was BAD.

There's a few related to a reflex battle sight.. not sure how it's lineage ties to the above sight, but this was one of a few luke warm experiences with Steiner.
    This sight is almost completely useless in bright sunlight. Steiner customer service just responded that this sight is primarily for indoor or night vision use and not intended for use under daylight conditions. Do not purchase for outdoor use!
    Ridiculous that they would even bring an RDS that isn't visible in daylight to market. Wow.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does steiner have an LE distribution network for optics? I'm not sure if directbrands that handles their laser sales also deals in optics.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Does steiner have an LE distribution network for optics? I'm not sure if directbrands that handles their laser sales also deals in optics.
    They have an LE pricing sheet, it's their PRO account for dealers, LE, industry pros, mil etc. I just bought a new MPS off of it, $375 delivered.

An update on my Steiner MPS experience:
    I’ve been carrying the original MPS on duty for almost two months. I purchased a new version without the auto shutoff and will replace this model when it arrives. Ive shot it for over 40 hours in that time. Ive used it for countless live building clearings in the dark and light, multiple high risk stops, numerous suspects at gunpoint, and carried it in -11 degree weather. It’s been beat up on barricades, rolled on in mud and gravel, and soaked in snow and water.

The autoshutoff feature is plain stupid. But, it’s gone now and a thing of the past. Steiner actually listened to the end users and got rid of that feature. I was going to buy an Acro, but this MPS has become my favorite optic and will likely replace my RMR.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast