Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner MPS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good review. I do find the battery choice a bit puzzling. But if you can put up with that seems to be a winner

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    Good review. I do find the battery choice a bit puzzling. But if you can put up with that seems to be a winner
    Seems like using the cr1632 is becoming more and more common. And I suppose if you're still getting at least a year's worth of battery life, I don't really see the downside.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You’d think Steiner would learn from Aimpoint’s mistake with the P1…
    Plus having commonality between all optics solutions is very helpful.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I may have missed it, but what are the reasons it's replacing the 509T on your duty gun?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Awesome thread, thanks for sharing. I just put one on order. Everything still holding up okay for you?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I may have missed it, but what are the reasons it's replacing the 509T on your duty gun?
    The MPS has intrigued me, but this is also my question.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    The 509T is bombproof. Burris/Steiner is just down the road from where I work, so I wanted to give their new optic a fair shake. I put my 509T on my ACOG during this test and really like having a piggybacked enclosed emitter on it. The MPS is cheaper for me than the 509T is now, and has proven over these few months to be as tough (unknown what the long term toughness is). If they were the same price, I would say buy whatever one fits your mounting system.

Quote Originally Posted by nimslerpon View Post
    Awesome thread, thanks for sharing. I just put one on order. Everything still holding up okay for you?
    Absolutely. Just received my non-shutoff model from Steiner that I purchased last month. I haven't had time to get to the range to mount and zero it, but I am excited to not have to remember to turn it on every day!

Feedback Score
    Was thinking of installing a Steiner MPS on a S&W MP 9 mm 5 inch CORE. is there a specific model or SKU # for the non-shutoff model?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe they’re all absent that feature at this point. Or it’s user definable where previously it was not.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anybody used one of these with Night Vision yet? If so, how does it compare to something like the old Acro P-1 (since nobody has a P-2), RMR, or even a T-2?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast