Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steiner MPS

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Many thousands of rounds on the MPS V2 and it has been on constant on at 2nd highest setting since I got it on 3/25. Started flashing today indicating low battery. 3/25-6/17 is not a very great battery life. Kind of ACRO V1 territory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    My training partner and I beat the piss out of our Steiner MPS models, and other than the external wear from being racked on barricades and side prone in gravel, they are no worse for the wear.

I love the modularity of the Glock MOS system, but good lord does it suck. The stock MOS mount was loose after the first day, despite proper torque and loctite. I installed the FCD plate for day two and it's doing just fine.

I spoke with my LE Steiner rep who assured me that the non-auto shut off's are in. As such, I am returning this T&E model and buying an MPS, which will be replacing my 509T. I am incredibly impressed with this optic. While only the future knows how it will hold up longterm, for now this is one helluva optic.

Hello, do you have an update on the FCD optic plate? Has is come loose at all? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpninja636 View Post
    Hello, do you have an update on the FCD optic plate? Has is come loose at all? Thanks.
    No, while the MPS is not my favorite optic (weak battery life), the FCD plate has been the best I have ever used. Far better than CHPWS garbage and MOS plates.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My MPS (received in April) has stopped working. No warning before it died. No blinking, dimming, etc. Just straight up quit. Changed battery on the off chance that the one in the optic was dead. Made no difference.

Burris was quick to send a shipping label. We'll see how quick they are with the actual repair.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My MPS (received in April) has stopped working. No warning before it died. No blinking, dimming, etc. Just straight up quit. Changed battery on the off chance that the one in the optic was dead. Made no difference.

Burris was quick to send a shipping label. We'll see how quick they are with the actual repair.

I saw you mention that over on PF. That doesn't inspire confidence. I've beat the piss out of my Aimpoints for years and they keep ticking.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I saw you mention that over on PF. That doesn't inspire confidence. I've beat the piss out of my Aimpoints for years and they keep ticking.
    Hopefully a fluke.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Was told this thing is held together with 12 screws...

Not using CR2032 battery is a big head scratcher.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have 2 MPS’ die at about 4000 rounds. Just dead. If they can figure out the bugs it will be awesome, but right now it’s not reliable enough. The size, glass quality, battery life, footprint etc. are all awesome and class leading. But they have some work to do on recoil proofing this system still. The P2 is still the current king.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I have 2 MPS’ die at about 4000 rounds. Just dead. If they can figure out the bugs it will be awesome, but right now it’s not reliable enough. The size, glass quality, battery life, footprint etc. are all awesome and class leading. But they have some work to do on recoil proofing this system still. The P2 is still the current king.
    How is 13,000 hours battery life "class leading"?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'm currently at work, on duty, and I just checked my MPS and it's dead...mid shift. Was working just fine yesterday. I'm starting to get fed up with this shit. Already put a help desk ticket into Steiner.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast