Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finger-tip/Small Safe

Feedback Score

Finger-tip/Small Safe

I'm looking for a small one-gun (revolver) safe that my wife can use. I was surprised at the number of different ones out there now.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...ric-gun-safes/

My wife hates/can't-do a slide on automatic, so her S&W 38 special will probably be the gun. Not what I want, but what she can use and she's comfortable with it having grown up shooting them with her dad. Maybe room for a reload, but that is probably not needed.

I like the fingertip readers, versus issues remembering a finger tip sequence- but she wears latex gloves a lot and finger print readers on phones aren't that reliable for her, so the easier the finger tip system the better.

Probably would put it in a side-table or dresser drawer.

Anyone got the skinny on the best models for this kind of use?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My wife is a nurse and the chemical hand sanitizer at her work has pretty much wiped out her prints. Sounds crazy, I know.
    I bought her a print reader safe (Gun Vault bio) and we have the best luck if she licks her finger first. Weird but it works.

Feedback Score
    Any other comments or suggestions from people?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Didn't care for the bios. Took too long to read and open when I tried them out years ago. I'd take a look at what kind of speed and how picky they are about positioning etc.

Could be that they have gotten better. I'd be surprised if they haven't actually. I just haven't tried one again.

Now days I prefer to lock up when unattended. Open when I am present. So I am a different user type than y'all most likely.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Bought this about a year ago and absolutely love it! Not many others would ever know it's an actual gun safe unless they touched the clock part - where you can enter digits to open it....BUT the fastest method to use are the little RFID tags or bracelet - which you can let sit on the dresser top since it looks like cheap jewelry.

Hope this helps a bit...

"Hornady RAPiD Safe Night Guard RFID Pistol Safe Steel Black" https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021895195

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
    Bought this about a year ago and absolutely love it! Not many others would ever know it's an actual gun safe unless they touched the clock part - where you can enter digits to open it....BUT the fastest method to use are the little RFID tags or bracelet - which you can let sit on the dresser top since it looks like cheap jewelry.

Hope this helps a bit...

"Hornady RAPiD Safe Night Guard RFID Pistol Safe Steel Black" https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021895195
    Interesting. I like the idea of it being in plain sight, and recharging things!

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post

Hope this helps a bit...

On sale for $199 here: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...ght-guard-rfid
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The couple of Gun Vault products that I have owned failed. They use a metal cable to actuate the lock and it breaks. You enter the correct code or fingerprint, the motor runs but the safe will not open. Not sure if they have changed the design but I would stay away from that brand.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Hornady safes are the way to go. There's probably something better but I'm guessing much more expensive. RAPiD Safes are a really good value.

Feedback Score
    I agree about the biometric….I would avoid.

I haven’t used the rfid safes, but have used the keypad version and I tend to like them. In my experience the motors tend to go out at about 7-8 years (Gunvault).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast