Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breyer OUT: Anita Hill for SCOTUS!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Midterm polling isn’t favorable for the Dems. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was forced so they can replace him while they have a chance of pushing a nomination through.
    Of course it was.

don't want a repeat of...

Last edited by titsonritz; 01-26-22 at 21:51.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Midterm polling isn’t favorable for the Dems. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was forced so they can replace him while they have a chance of pushing a nomination through.
    Although the "article" above is satire, it would not surprise me one bit if the GOP pulls out all the stops to prevent any confirmation this year, in hopes of shifting the balance radically in November and getting to reject anyone they don't love come January of '23.

And the Dems have gone so far past sleaze and into criminal-scum territory this year that I won't feel any tinge of guilt if McConnell does that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nominate Oprah.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Nominate Oprah.
    Hitlery has this one in bag the dude.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a much needed distraction for the dems and the white house. Look! A squirrel!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    This is exactly what I thought when I heard this today.
    I don't know who the SC guy who quit was to well, but regardless of his reasons, this will be capitalized upon by people who shouldn't be electing a prom queen, let alone SC justices.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Read an article on how due to a 50:50 senate, the committees are 50:50, so while the Senate itself is 50:1:50 in favor of the Dems, the judiciary committee isn’t- is is split 50;50. The nomination need a majority to get out of committee…so if the Rs on the committee hold, they don’t get the nominee to vote on in the full senate and Have Kamalalala break a potential tie.

I’m interested to hear how a potential nominee that was picked based on her race and sex can decide cases about race based preferences.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I’m interested to hear how a potential nominee that was picked based on her race and sex can decide cases about race based preferences.
    Easy mode dude. Zhe/xir just rubber stamps "yes" on any discrimination that would benefit them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    That right there is an insult to every American.

Feedback Score
    I got $10 sez Stacey Abrams is on the short list.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast