Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Optic

Feedback Score
    I vote Comp M5S with 3x magnifier if need be.

Feedback Score
    I don’t have a budget. Cost is not a concern per se but I understand diminishing returns.

I define my home as the house but also my land. Ranges could be out to 2-300 yds. Anything longer and I’d use my 16”. The 11.5 is for maneuverability in and around the house and in and out of vehicles. Also it is easier to travel with between homes. Also as a pistol I don’t need to ask the Feds for permission (5320.20) to travel between states (vaca homes) with it when I want to. Often we decide in short order.

The idea of the 1x to x is at 1x it acts as a red dot. But I can make longer shots if needed with more accuracy. I understand fully FFP vs SFP.

I agree I could do an RD + Mag. But someone tell me the net diff between an RD + Mag and an LPVO? Don’t they solve for the same problem just different ways? Flipping to the side vs rotation.

What am I missing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    What am I missing?
    About 20 ounces by going with the T2. You don't need a magnifier for your stated use case. You won't be banging bad guys at 200 yards for home defense.

Feedback Score
    How is your unaided vision? Can you easily discriminate targets at 2-300? Any astigmatism or other issue precluding the use of a red dot.

Your stated max range, primary use, and build intent seem to line up with an aimpoint.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    My vision is 20/15 (LASIK) in both eyes. These are all good points to consider. I’ll chew on the option of a T2 with a flip mag. I guess one benefit if the mag is I can take it off if-when I need to.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    My vision is 20/15 (LASIK) in both eyes. These are all good points to consider. I’ll chew on the option of a T2 with a flip mag. I guess one benefit if the mag is I can take it off if-when I need to.
    Here’s what I suggest: Aimpoint T2 on a tall mount, such as a Unity Tactical Fast mount or Knight’s Armament sky scraper mount. This will allow you a more upright posture while you run and gun, and should afford you easy hits out to 300 meters should that saucer full of space hippies invade your land.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    This will allow you a more upright posture while you run and gun, and should afford you easy hits out to 300 meters should that saucer full of space hippies invade your land.

😆😂🤣🤔🏋️

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got an 11.5 pistol that I use for home defense. I put an MRO on mine and I'm happy with it. I've got a T1 on my 14.5 that's a shtf rifle.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, for a 11.5" inch barreled upper, an Aimpoint Micro T1 or T2 on a Unity Tactical FAST mount and a Aimpoint or EOTECH 3X magnifier in a Unity Tactical FAST QD mount. It's a very versatile setup and with the QD magnifier mount you also have the option of removing it and running just the Aimpoint Micro RDS alone. Unity Tactical is also releasing a new magnifier mount that will work with other magnifiers with the EO Tech mounting bolt spacing. Also, unlike the ELCAN, most if not all magnifiers have an adjustable diopter for focus if your eyesight is less than 20/20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m trying to decide between the following Optics.

Trijicon TR-24 Accupoint 1-4x24(BAC post)
    Trijicon TR-25 Accupoint 1-6x24 (BAC post)
    Primary Arms 1-6x25 ACSS
    ELCAN Spectre DR 1-4 ADS 556

For the LPVOs they will be SFP which is fine as it would very rare you use any in between state so I’m not worried about the issues with SFP

I really LOVE the ACSS reticle of the PA 1-6.

I love the no battery of the trijicons but I understand the limitations of the tritium in dark areas (think home defense at night) and I don’t care for the reticles

I like everything about the ELCAN except the the A.R.M.S. throw levers (seriously why?). They are not a deal breaker as I guess I can zip tie them in place but I know I’ll have to re-zero if I remove the optic but that would be pretty rare.

I’m leaning towards the PA ACSS 1-6 LPVO as it is cheaper and if I’m not happy with a variable optic I haven’t spent too much money and it’s easier to resell.

Then I’d just go with the T2.

I should add this is going on a 11.5 pistol and use is HD/SHTF. The idea of having the ability to “zoom” is not necessarily for engagement but more for identification and ranging (hence the ACSS and ELCAN reticle love).

I’m looking for why you chose or recommend any of these optics or if I should consider (not interested in flip to side 3x mags. I know too many people (including SF) who end up just removing them as they get annoyed with them.

Thanks.
    burris rt6 for lpvo. tough as nails, great glass, great reticle, and it's a burris! punches way way above it's belt
    I'd buy a swampfox before the pa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast