Thread: Red Dots on Carry Wheelygats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Red Dots on Carry Wheelygats

I’ve been broadening my horizons by carrying a DA revolver. And contemplating exploring a IWB gun, just because. I’m considering roughly 2.5”-3”, 5-6 shot steel-framed guns in .38 Special, .357M or .327M. I’d probably consider other calibers like 9mm. Preferably no hammer, to save my Dremel some work. I’d like it to be speedoader-friendly, but thats not really a dealbreaker since I’ll probably just do strips.

Such as a J-frame, SP-101, K6s, or whatever Colt does in that category. Cobra, I think.

The question, though: are there guns fitting this description that I should gravitate to for ease of RMR mounting? And ones I should avoid? The ones with proper rear sights instead of a trench seem like they’d be the way to go, but my knowledge is lacking. If goonsmiffing is required, are there any recommendations for a machine shop or gunsmith for any of these? Maybe someone sells one already ready to run?

If it makes a difference, I also plan on getting a larger gun to shoot the snot out of, like a L-Comp or GP100 and also putting a RMR on it.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-23-22 at 07:35.