Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Dots on Carry Wheelygats

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Another consideration is breaking the frame integrity of an aluminum framed revolver (442/642/etc).

Not sure how that would fare, long term. Slide that are milled on semi-autos are all steel of some variety.
    For sure. To be clear, I have no intentions to tap my 442… I don’t think thats viable.

I’m looking for roughly 2.5”-3”, 5-6 shot steel-framed guns. I’d consider an alloy framed six-shot if I could do this without drilling, but I don’t think that exists.

Imma clean up the OP so that this doesn’t keep coming up.

Feedback Score
    How long will we have to wait before a revolver maker integrates a red dot mounting area on the top strap of a frame? The milling for an Aimpoint ACRO would be pretty easy to integrate without many dimensional changes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Do those appear to be tapped? I’ve got a buddy with a .327 LCR I could take a look at, but I don’t think its readily set up for optics.

If you have calipers, (or a ruler and a good eye) would you mind sharing the width of the King Cobra cylinder?
    I'm getting just under 1.4 inches to 1.4 inches with my cylinder and calipers.

I looked it up and found 1.4 in. That seems to be the case.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-01-22 at 01:23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12